Metabolism Jumpstart

Options
Does anyone know any type of natural pill or something that can assist in jumpstarting your metabolism? (I feel like I have the slowest metabolism out there)

Also, I want to start getting up earlier in the mornings to do my workouts and be able to have breakfast and pack my lunch but I have a really hard time falling asleep at night. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Assilem
    Assilem Posts: 21
    Options
    Does anyone know any type of natural pill or something that can assist in jumpstarting your metabolism? (I feel like I have the slowest metabolism out there)

Also, I want to start getting up earlier in the mornings to do my workouts and be able to have breakfast and pack my lunch but I have a really hard time falling asleep at night. Does anyone have any advice?
  • jtod
    jtod Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Assilem,

I do have a small tip for the Metabolism. I don't know of any natural pills, but I do know a trick. If you eat 6 smaller meals a day, rather than 3 large meals a day, you are improving your digestive system and in turn speeding up your metabolism. This is because it is constantly working throughout the day, slowly getting stronger.

Another tip, is weight training. Cardio is NOT the only way to burn calories. The great thing about weight training is that if you work to strengthen at least one musscle group during your workout, your metabolism speeds up for the next 24 hours.

My not have been the answer you were expecting, but hope it helps!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Yeah - weight training along with cardio is very good. Need to alternate muscle groups on weight training so you don't work the same group two days in a row. Also - the sleeping thing I had the same problem but I just started getting up earlier - VERY hard to do for me but I managed to drag myself out of bed and exercise and now I have no prob falling asleep at night - didn't take very long, just a couple of days and I was falling asleep faster and earlier and waking up earlier. Now I have a hard time staying up as late as my kids and their bedtime is 9:00 LOL :tongue:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I take B12 and it helps me. The injections work better but the stright B12 vitaman works too

Good luck