Ugh, I know I'm being ridiculous but.....

Options
I apologize to any guys who read this and think TMI, but I have been waiting for my "girl time" to start for the whole week and it is killing me!!! There is no way possible for me to be pregnant unless it was emaculate conception if you catch my drift. I am gaining weight which I know is just fluid, but AAAAAAHHHHH, it's still frustrating. My stomach is all bloated, my energy is low, but yet I have continued to follow my diet and I have been exercising everyday that I don't work. For those of you who don't know, I am a nurse and I work three 12 hr shifts a week and I just can't make myself exercise on work days because I practically spend those whole 12 hrs on my feet and I'm exhausted. So anyways, just wanted to complain for a minute. Come on Aunt Flow cause I need to see the scale tip in the lower numbers this week!!!!

Replies

• snuffmomma77
    snuffmomma77 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am soooo with you, but mine was last into this week and I only worked out one day and was soooo lazy the rest of the week.. I hate that time its soooo ugh.. Hope you get to get back moving soon. Have a awesome rest of the day.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I condone ejaculate conception. All I know is to probably weigh in after periods are done. Maybe.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    For decades I have seen Pamprin commercials on TV. It claims to eliminate bloating, cramping, fatigue, irritability and other unsavory things. Perhaps you should give that a shot?

:flowerforyou:
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ok... so when i first started (and lates face it, even on occasion now) i got frustrated with that damn scale around my period time (and about 1/2 the other time too)... so what did i do? i took my measurements and weight and then i put my scale in my attic...thats right- you'll weigh much less often if u have to get into your attic to get your scale :p i started measuring once every 2 weeks (every other monday to be exact) and i make the trip up my ladder into my attic once a month for the scale (usually that 1st monday of the month)... it has done WORLDS for my feelings...i stick with mfp, do my workouts, and every 2 weeks i show a loss- i never show a gain... but i guaruntee i'd be discouraged if i weighed every day bc id show gains somedays- try it :)
  • 08caseyk
    Options
    I actually started my diet while i was on my period lol. Really stupid of me but i stuck to it pretty good. But i had the same problem, except i was till showing weight loss and i was bloated really bad. Not sure why it happens but keep up the good work.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing. Since you are a nurse, you know that periods are nothing to get worked up over.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ok... so when i first started (and lates face it, even on occasion now) i got frustrated with that damn scale around my period time (and about 1/2 the other time too)... so what did i do? i took my measurements and weight and then i put my scale in my attic...thats right- you'll weigh much less often if u have to get into your attic to get your scale :p i started measuring once every 2 weeks (every other monday to be exact) and i make the trip up my ladder into my attic once a month for the scale (usually that 1st monday of the month)... it has done WORLDS for my feelings...i stick with mfp, do my workouts, and every 2 weeks i show a loss- i never show a gain... but i guaruntee i'd be discouraged if i weighed every day bc id show gains somedays- try it :)
    omg I love that idea! I hate the scale and put it in the closet finally after weighing myself more than once a day! might have to try the attic
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    There is no way possible for me to be pregnant unless it was emaculate conception if you catch my drift.
    I don't. Could you be more specific, please?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    come on aunt flo!
  • heatherz81
    heatherz81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. I really need to hide my scale because it becomes an addiction. I'm gonna keep on truckin and hopefully the weight will disappear afterwards. Thanks all!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I actually started my diet while i was on my period lol. Really stupid of me but i stuck to it pretty good. But i had the same problem, except i was till showing weight loss and i was bloated really bad. Not sure why it happens but keep up the good work.

Me too. I happened to start this whole new healthy/fitness lifestyle right before I started mine. Which I think it good in a way because if I can do it when I feel off, have less energy, and usually have crazy cravings, then I KNOW I can stick with it.
  • 08caseyk
    Options
    Thats what i thought too, i lost 45 lbs already so i must be doing something right lol,
    This is the first time i've been able to stick to it, i'm usually a binge eater when i get depressed. But this time nothings standing in my way (: