Back at it after 6 month hiatus...

Options
after 6 months and gaining almost 25 lbs back...Im back.

I got really lazy/busy with the summer, and parties, etc and just let myself go...

spent the past 3 months beating myself up about it, and out of no where i got up and went to the gym first thing this morning.

I was tired of complaining about it and lying to myself.

BACK AT IT.

sadly, i don't have a HRM anymore...my dog chewed my chest strap and i can't afford to replace it at the moment....

Replies

• yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good to see you Phil! I'm trying to get it started as well. Best of luck to you on your continued journey.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Good to see you Phil! I'm trying to get it started as well. Best of luck to you on your continued journey.
    Same to you!!
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey Phil,
    Welcome back. It has been a while and there have been ups and downs for a lot of us. As long as you commit yourself you will make it. The 25 pound gain is a setback but not a deal breaker. If you are interested, I started a new Men on a Mission thread a couple of months ago. It is by invite to join the thread. There is a new group forum where this stuff is at nowadays. Pretty much the same as when ApolloAG did it. In the group forum there are sub topics to join also. Let me know and I'll shoot you the invite. Again, nice to have you back.
  • reashu85
    Options
    Welcome back. I am in a similar situation. I had lost about 30 lbs (in only about 2 months) but was then diagnosed with a hyperthyroid. I started medication for my thyroid, got discouraged and just got plain busy with life. I have been trying to get the motivation to get off my butt and back at it. I have gained about 15lbs back -- and it SUCKS!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Hey Phil,
    Welcome back. It has been a while and there have been ups and downs for a lot of us. As long as you commit yourself you will make it. The 25 pound gain is a setback but not a deal breaker. If you are interested, I started a new Men on a Mission thread a couple of months ago. It is by invite to join the thread. There is a new group forum where this stuff is at nowadays. Pretty much the same as when ApolloAG did it. In the group forum there are sub topics to join also. Let me know and I'll shoot you the invite. Again, nice to have you back.

Thanks, I have to commit myself...I'm going to be a father! Its now or never time to get in shape and get a routine set before my life changes forever!! I would like an invite to your thread. I need to make myself accountable to something/someone besides myself. I need someone to call me out when im slipping. I have to do this. No More Excuses.