So bummed out

Options
75lbsless
75lbsless Posts: 26 Member
So I took pics with the family on thanksgiving and well my cousin finally posted the pics on facebook. I was horrified when I saw the picture.. I think I was in denial. Most (if not all) the pics I've taken in the past 4 years have been face pics lol and so when I see these FULL body pics of me standing next to my size 0 cousin (who is always on a diet blahh!) I freaked out! THIS CAN'T BE ME! It's impossible... How could this happen?? I mean I knew I gained a little weight after meeting my hubby but GOOD LORD!

At first, I was using the pics as inspiration to stick to a plan but now I can't get the pic out of my head! Kinda burst my bubble :(

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Do not let it get you down! Motivation!!!!!!!!!!

This is EXACTLY where my journey started last Christmas. I saw full body pictures I was in and freaked. I knew but didnt realize how out of control I was. Now a year later, I feel a thousand percent better!

Run with it! Save it forever so you have something to look back on when you need a push. And itll make an amazing before and after when youre at goal! Good luck!
  • 75lbsless
    75lbsless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you
  • davided1
    Options
    Isn't it funny how we see ourselves in a mirror almost every day, but when we see ourselves in a photo (like everyone else sees us) we get a major reality check.

I used to be into body building back in the day. I saw a recent photo of myself and decided I AM NOT going to be a Frumpy Old Man. Definitely time to take it back off!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about using those photos for motivation!
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It is a picture of the past. We often look at trials as mistakes, punishment or defeat. I like to see it as a moment of being shaken to cause that which is weak to fall away and cause that which will stand firm to be revealed. Trials are opportunities of being set up for blessing. Look at it as the possibility of who you are capable to become. Victory has a destination and it's intending to find you. You can do this. You are greatness waiting to happen. You are a treasured gift and abundant living is your purpose.
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a journey. Just like battling an addiction. Before you can get better, sometimes you have to hit bottom. Seeing those pictures was your bottom.

Now you need to think to yourself "it can only get better from here"
    because that is the God's honest truth
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Pictures that others take are always a bit harsher (and a bit more honest) because we tend to take "flattering" pictures of ourselves. Then you see the bad-angle-from-family-camera and it's "Holy crap, who's that wearing my shirt?!?"... Now use the feeling. As motivation to go to the gym, to stay out of the fridge or both - use it to your advantage and don't let it get you down!