Shredding... Again...

Options
Ok I had very pleasing results with my first attempt at 30DS... I did have to modify some moves and take breaks and followed Anita most of the time. My goal is to follow Natalie with no modifications or breaks before moving on to a different DVD.

So here is my question... In Level 3 we do the punches, buttkicks and jumping jacks with weights... Should I use them in Level 1 this time around too? I want to keep building muscle definition and get stronger!

The only difference this time is I'm also encorporating her Yoga Meltdown video 2 days a week and then Shredding the other 5! I learned I am NOT very flexible while stretching at the end. So I think this will help.

Suggestions?

Oh btwi lost 8 1/4" and 8 pounds! I'm 13 pounds away from my weight goal so my focus has switched to strength and fitness.. I know the weight will come off eventually and I'm ok with the gain of muscle! This is a lifetime change for me!

Replies

• 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!

You could try heavier weights this time around and switch to the lighter ones if they are too heavy for some of the strength exercises. You could do the cardio with the light weights if you want but I would just do the cardio as it is.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I recently completed 30 Day Shred and am now on my 2nd phase of the 30 Day Shred since I love what the workout does. I alternate days for Level 1 and Level 3. I did not care for Level 2 that much because the plank exercises were so hard on my back. I always end wtih a painful, stiff upper back.

Regarding Level 1, I do use the weights for the punches and butt kicks and even the Jumping Jacks. I believe that this is a great stategey to further building muscles and burn more calories for the Level 1 workout; therefore, I recommend this apporach. Hope this helps and congrats on your results!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just follow Natalie and use the 5lb weights this time?
  • rlwzgd
    rlwzgd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've gone through the progression several times and have finally been able to follow along without breaks or anything! I've never used the weights on the first level, just make sure to push and don't cheat! Pushups and shoulder raises are hard enough ;)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You had great results, me....not so much. But I am shredding again too, just not every day this time. Adding in her Yoga too, and still doing C25K.
  • GoddessAndraste
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is another good one to add to the mix. Very similar to 30DS. I've completed 30DS and 6 Week 6 Pack, with awesome results. Currently on Week 2 of Ripped in 30. As for weights, if you can afford it, have a selection of them. I have 3, 4, 5, and 8lb. sets. I'm not ready for 8s yet, but I like having them as a goal to look forward to. :)
  • talia25
    talia25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im on my third round of the shred, and have upped my weights each time. Started out with 1kg (2.2lb) weights and followed Anita, then moved onto round 2 with 2kg (4.4lb) weights and able to do most of Natalie's moves, and now onto round 3 using 3kg (6.6lb) weights, I am on L1D4 today. Once I have finished this round I am going to do Ripped in 30 doing the same thing, 3 months of upping the weights.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have 3,5 and 8 pound weights now.... Guess I will keep using the 3 pounds for thhe punches, butt kicks and jumping jacks for level one... Maybe I'll be using the 5's by level 3 this time! I added the Yoga Meltdown 2 days a week so wish me luck!