Illinois people?

Options
anyone from Illinois? or the general mid-west that can understand out weather. Any tips and suggestions or encouragement is great!

Replies

• jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I am! Welcome aboard! you can add me as a friend if you like! what part of Illinois are you from?
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    We lived in DeKalb for three years. Recently moved to the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.
    It's REALLY cold here.
    How about a workout you can do from home?

-Angie
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am originally from Illinois. Work outs from home, I like Leslie Sansone walk fit.
  • magicsd77
    Options
    I'm originally from Southern Illinois, i do the Leslie Sansone Walk DVDS and i love them.
  • FirewifeCarrie
    Options
    Right across the Mississippi from you! Our weather sucks, lol!
  • skyestarz
    Options
    Hi - I'm from Bloomingon, IL. I am new to this site and looking for friends so we can support each other through this journey!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Libertyville, IL from Florida (don't ask).
  • Pommerantchen
    Pommerantchen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Right across the Mississippi from you! Our weather sucks, lol!

Me too - I'm in Davenport. It's getting pretty cold.

Right now I'm concentrating on Wii Fit and just modifying calorie intake.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Libertyville, IL from Florida (don't ask).

I am originally from Southern Illinois and have since moved to Florida!
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I live in Oak Forest, IL (southwest suburbs)- currently I am working on the 30 Day Shred (day 5) in the morning and use a wii game called Exerbeat sometime later in the day which I highly recommend if you are into Wii. It is so much fun and does make you sweat like mad, but you have so much fun you often forget it is a workout. It mixes up pilates, yoga, aerobics, cardioboxing, karate, Latin dance, and hip hop...you can pick how long to do it for (I tend to do 60-90 minutes a day) and what your goal is (fat loss, core strengthening, staying fit, etc.). Welcome to MFP, by the way!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm from Chicago and I also enjoy the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd's:):smile:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Chicago is my home town. I still live near there. VERY near there... This will be my first winter working out. I belong to a gym that is in the same shopping plaza as my grocery store, bank, etc... so I have every reason to believe I should be able to get there a couple of times a week at least. Otherwise, cable has dance and exercise videos on demand...