I got my bloodwork results back, Success!!! Yes!

Options
I started on this website about 2 months ago, because my liver enzymes were more than three times the high end of normal. My blood sugar was up to 157, and my A1C was 7.8 (below 6.0 is the goal).My Cholesterol was pretty high. My weight was the highest it had ever been. The doctor wanted to send me for a liver biopsy.

For the first time in my life "I got it", I realized I was making myself very sick, and would die at some point, way sooner than I should. My daughter told me about this website. I started out keeping my diary, changing my eating habits, walking and walking and climbing the stairs at work.

I had new blood work done last week. Results: Blood sugar 104, A1C is 6.2, my cholesteral is normal!! Yes, I said normal, And best of all, my liver enzymes are just above normal. I've lost 16 pounds so far!!!

It's more than just the pounds that measure our success!! Wow!

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great news!
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's amazing how sensitive A1C is to weight.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. I haven't even considered what I've been doing to my liver, I guess I should have. Congrats on realizing in time and turning things around.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great success! Thanks for sharing :)
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL to hear! You did a really great job! Congratulations, and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Keep on going.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great job - that is def success! I also started here on MFP because my A1C was climbing.
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats!
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Excellent! That is definitely good news! Keep up the hard work!
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's great keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am glad things have turned around.
  • pwdalt
    pwdalt Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations on your bloodwork! I'm so happy to hear that everything is getting back to normal.

My daughter turned me on to this website too. Peggy
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Very Cool.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! I had a similar "aha" moment which lead me here. For the first time, my cholesterol crossed into the high range and it was a kick in the pants. I've lost 17 pounds so far and am hoping for better blood results when my doctor rechecks them in January. Glad you posted this - gives me hope!

Congrats!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I actually had similar incident happen to me. My liver was off, my sugar was out the roof, my cholesterol was all over and none good. After losing some weight it all went back to normal. I would like to have that blood work done all over again so I can see where I am at now. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you can fix yourself!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR SUCCESS!!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, superb news! You made a decision to change your future and you have! Congratulations!!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Similar... well my sugar and cholesterol were fine but my liver was extremely unhappy... hope it's way happier by now! I should get re-tested sometime this Winter and make sure as I've had some pain across it - and I don't have a gallbladder to remove for the quick fix anymore either!

Well done you! That is such a fantastic outcome - and I know you'll continue on to even greater accomplishments thanks to MFP and your hard work and new CAN DO attitude!!

:)
    Deedee
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!