Analyzed my diet and need to step up the exercise

Options
I have been faithfully logging my diet and have studied it. I can see where I need to improve, eating more at some meals, still snacking more than I want to. My scale is not moving much. I am taking in as much as I am burning calories.

I know I need to increase my exercise. It is difficult for me. Time is an issue and well as motivation. I just don't want to. I do go diving on weekends which burns a tremendous amount of calories. I would like to do more during the week, but I am not finding the time to do it.

I live on an island where to do the simplest of errands can take half your day or more. Standing in line is what we do here. Where as the internet and on-line renewal of your license for your car is done in the states, no so here. That is a task that takes almost all day and sometimes two or three tries before you can get it done. Same with banking. Stand in line to deposit your paycheck.
I work two different shifts as well, so one week I go in early and the next week I go in later and it is almost 9pm when I get home.

I need to find a way to integrate cooking proper meals (i really, really HATE to cook) and exercise. Our gym is expensive and a ridiculously high fee to join. So what to do? I know I sound like I am whining, but I am looking for a solution and still trying to have a life. I basically go to work and come home. That's it. Diving on the weekend. Welcome to my world. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Start a dance party in your next line? Burn calories, make friends, possibly get hauled off for an exciting talk with a police psychologist?

I don't want to work out, either, but I want to eat enough to be happy and satisfied more than I want to not work out, so I work out.
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's ripped in 30 is a great dvd to work by. Warm up, workout, cooldown is 30 minutes tops and it will definitely work you out.