I got my bloodwork results back, Success!!! Yes!

Options
2»

Replies

• Karlaki
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • crunchymommy
    crunchymommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay you!!! WTG. This is the kind of success story that means the most.
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    what a relief !! i'm happy that you got your grove back.
  • alibyouss
    Options
    Excellent........GREAT JOB
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news for you! So glad you decided to take action! I'm not diabetic, but I started this with high cholesterol and acid reflux. The acid reflux went away almost as soon as I started eating less and exercising, and my last total cholesterol number was 137. The results of a healthy lifestyle are amazing! My doctor said he wanted to check out this site and recommend it to his diabetic patients who are asking about getting lap band procedures. From the horror stories of friends and acquaintances, this has to be a much better way to lose weight and regain health.
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Huge accomplishment there. Congratulations!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started on this website about 2 months ago, because my liver enzymes were more than three times the high end of normal. My blood sugar was up to 157, and my A1C was 7.8 (below 6.0 is the goal).My Cholesterol was pretty high. My weight was the highest it had ever been. The doctor wanted to send me for a liver biopsy.

For the first time in my life "I got it", I realized I was making myself very sick, and would die at some point, way sooner than I should. My daughter told me about this website. I started out keeping my diary, changing my eating habits, walking and walking and climbing the stairs at work.

I had new blood work done last week. Results: Blood sugar 104, A1C is 6.2, my cholesteral is normal!! Yes, I said normal, And best of all, my liver enzymes are just above normal. I've lost 16 pounds so far!!!

It's more than just the pounds that measure our success!! Wow!

Were you diagnosed Diabetic? and if so are you on any medication.
  • kendrara
    Options
    Congrats that is such great news. I LOVE that dedication is paying off in such a positive way for you <3 Keep it up
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT!!!!! Great job!!! You go girl :o)

I always think about what Hippocrates said a very loooooong time ago: "Let food be thy medicine." I truly believe most of what ails us is the SAD (standard American diet) junk we put in our mouths. You might consider watching the documentary "Forks Over Knives." It's available to stream on netflix.com (and it changed my life).

Best of luck to you for continued success,
    Laura
  • candisbar524
    Options
    I had been diagnosed diabetic about two years ago. I just wasn't taking it serious. I've been on medication all that time. i was on Januvia 100 mg, 1 time per day. But I started having all the symptoms like before I was on the meds, and knew I was in trouble. I had stopped checking my sugar, and was shocked when I did that the sugar was gaining the upper hand. Sometimes it would be over 200, which for some people is not a lot, but for me it whacked me out. So the doctor changed me to Janumet 2 x day. But that was not bringing it down a whole lot. But once i kicked in the diet/excercise, it became under control. Now it's never higher than 117, but is mostly about 107 on average. Sometimes lower. I feel good again!! Thanks for askin!
  • MyPromise
    Options
    I am in the same boat that you were in, so this is really motivating!!! I just started 3 days ago and this is what I needed to read, that it really works to get thoes numbers in order. This is so important to me because my sister passed away 6 months ago due to all of these same issues and she was only 54 years old.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wonderfu!!
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!