Need more engergy

Options
Can anyone please give me advice of what foods are good to boost my energy? I like to exercise between breakfast and lunch, and a lot of times I don't have to energy. My breakfast almost ALWAYS consists of a fish oil capsule, biotin pill, multivitamin, 1-2 cups of unsweetened green tea, half a cup of plain almond milk and either 1 cup of multigrain cheerios or 2 large shredded wheat biscuits. What could cause my lack of energy?

Replies

• jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough in my opinion. Try adding some protein into the breakfast mix to help you have energy. If you want to eat the breakfast that you currently are eating maybe add some fruit to give you more fuel for energy. Cereal never sustains me in the morning and honestly makes me want eat between breakfast and lunch because it is not filling. Maybe have a pc of toast with peanut butter with fruit.
  • wonca
    wonca Posts: 81
    Options
    Your food logs are private, so I'm just throwing out some ideas here...

Are you eating back some, if not most, of your exercise calories? I know when I was feeling something similar to this, I wasn't eating enough (mostly carbs in my case).

Also.. depending on how much time is between breakfast and lunch, you can allow yourself a snack (some almonds perhaps) about 30-45 mins before your work out.

Otherwise, although not food, you could always switch up some of that green tea for some black tea.