midday snacks

Options
I need some ideas for portable, inexpensive, low-cal midday snacks. I am a teacher and need a snack I can graze on while stopping by my desk quickly, but will keep me full for a long day.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kissoffools
    Options
    Have you tried almonds? So long as you don't gorge yourself on them, they're full of protein, aren't too high-cal and will definitely help get you through your day! My mom's a teacher and she swears by 'em.
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almonds? So long as you don't gorge yourself on them, they're full of protein, aren't too high-cal and will definitely help get you through your day! My mom's a teacher and she swears by 'em.

I haven't tried almonds - they are on the grocery list now! : )
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love the 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn, string cheese, triscuits (hint of salt) with some laughing cow cheese, hard boiled eggs, protein bar (I love the Pure Protein Chocolate deluxe - I'm full for hours), protein shake - easy with a blender bottle, 100 calorie granola bars, nuts, apple slices with peanut butter, banana slices with Nutella,

I also enjoy the Special K cracker chips dipped in some greek yogurt dip or cottage cheese.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots = my fave
  • FluffyCanadianGirl
    Options
    I love almonds too -- I'll bring them home and then hubby will roast them in a hot pan, no oil or salt, and they are amazing! Just let them get a small bit of brown/black on both sides....nomnomnom!!

A baggie of dry cereal (multi grain cheerios) is a great munchie :-)
  • Patipaws
    Options
    There's always the old standby of mini carrots, pieces of celery (plain or with a little peanut butter in the groove), jicama is good. It's a root that you peel and slice and cut into whatever size. A different taste and unusual, but if you like it, it's a good substitute for carrots which can get boring. little pretzel twists, little non-flavored rice cakes. Make your own peanut butter & cracker sandwiches using low cal crackers, seedless grapes. That's all I can think of for now. I hope it helps. :happy: :happy:
  • mgweaver525
    Options
    You might try peanut butter crackers. They work really well.