I guess this would be a "NSV"!

Options
Super stressed at work today and ended up eating a few chocolates and one of those JUMBO marshmallows, lol. People at work really don't care about fitness or eating well or calorie counts AT ALL. (Pizza and sweets daily, maybe one other woman brings a lunch every day like I do!)
Instead of heading home to mope on the couch, I went and did 1:15min on the elliptical @ my gym and the counter said I burned over 1000 calories:D (I know its overestimated, but I worked hard and used the highest levels and intervals, etc... the elliptical on here put it at 700 which seems about right?)
Also, after months of hating literally everything I try on, my Old Navy Black Friday order of some cute new tops arrived - and I actually LIKE them all!
I feel silly for being so excited about those 2 things, but I am. And I had to share with someone, lol

Replies

• nursenelson
    Options
    NOT SILLY AT ALL!
    Enjoy your well deserved purchases and good for you for going hardcore on the elliptical :)
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    congratulations. time for pics! keep us the good work.
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    great!!! you made different choices and that's a great accomplishment!
  • cupcakecutie1985
    cupcakecutie1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! I had to spend most of the day traveling for work, so my eating was pretty skewed. Once I arrived at the hotel, I got a oily, saucy stir-fry from the Hotel food service. I felt so gross and loaded after, i just wanted to lay down. Instead, I gave myself a half hour or so to digest (read a few success stories on this site), and then I hit the gym here at the hotel! I feel so happy, and it seems silly! Maybe cause I know, 7 times out of 10, that situation ends with me watching tv in my room feeling gross! lol exciting to see a healthy change!!! Good for you, and right on for rockin new shirts!!!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    not silly. it's nice to feel good
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Those two things were actually not silly or small or whatever - they were huge, and they're in your mind and in your heart and showing on your body! Keep it up!! You're doing GREAT! MFP has made a believer out of you, there's no stopping you now, you're ON THE TRAIN!

2nbu2vt.gif
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Those two things were actually not silly or small or whatever - they were huge, and they're in your mind and in your heart and showing on your body! Keep it up!! You're doing GREAT! MFP has made a believer out of you, there's no stopping you now, you're ON THE TRAIN!

2nbu2vt.gif

Exactly!!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) I needed this little victory!
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I would be crazy excited too!!! That's awesome. You are changing your lifestyle and not letting a little bump in the road stop you at all. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!