Brides to be?

Options
Anyone else trying to shred weight for their big day? Mine is 5 months from yesterday which means my first fitting for the dress is in 3 months! Eeek! definately starting to feel the pressure in the worst season to diet of the year. Thanksgiving/Christmas are not helping. Especially when you come from a family that loves food! Any other brides out there struggling during this season and starting to feel the burn?

Replies

• annanoel21
    annanoel21 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    yes, Im getting married in Oct. I feel like I am way behind since I had a plan of what I wanted to lose by when. It hasnt happened for me so far. I guess I will have to try harder and push deeper to get to my target. I know we can do it, we just have to stay motivated and look at our goal.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I'm not getting married until next year (May 2013). But I feel like I need to in shape well in advance... I've always been that one-step-ahead, overachiever kind of girl. :blushing:
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    March 16, 2013! <3

Arm flab and belly fat did not make the guest list, so I'm working on it already! :)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm a Sept. '12 girl. I was hit by a car in Sept. of this year. So I've gained about 15 pounds back that I had lost. I have to be down 40 by then..
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    July of 12 here. Working on getting the last 8 pounds off. :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm hopeful to be by 2020, does that count? :)

:flowerforyou: Congrats, ladies!
  • shanaenichole
    shanaenichole Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August in Cancun. I need to lose 20lbs!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    August 2014 me still a long way to go! Congrats to all!
  • clur85
    clur85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    May 2012, less than six months to go for me! Trying to lose a stone (14lb) before xmas and another stone after xmas. Nothing like a wedding to get you motivated!!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm getting married January 2013. I'm lucky in that I have an entire year to workout and try to lose weight, and still have about 6 months before I'm going to start looking for dresses. I'm hoping to have lost at least 50 pounds by then.
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    September 2012,need to loose 150lbs but finding it VERY difficult Iv been eating right, exercising every day for 40 mins and GAINGING WEIGHT!. it seems doing the right thing makes it worse.
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm MOH in my sisters wedding this coming May.

My wedding is June 2013. I hope to be down 15-20 by my sisters and a total of 50-60 for mine!
  • beckyandraymond
    beckyandraymond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wedding in April of 2012!!

I agree with abbie017 on the arms!! It is my stomach & arms. I had a top belly and bottom belly when wearing pants...I never had that before. I noticed my belly is slimming down! I have only lost 6lbs when I started MFP 40+ days ago. I feel like I lost more but the scale doesn't lie. I shoot for 1700 calories a day, but tend to go over sometimes. I try to go to the gym 5x a week. My clothes are feeling a little looser...but nothing extreme.

CONGRATS to all the future brides!!
  • kristen_sample
    Options
    May 2012 here!!! I would love to lose 20 pounds by then. I think I can I think I can... :)
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    October 2012 here, hoping to lose 40 by then down 16 already... so another 40 that is! would like to be at 199 lol even if it is 199.9 lol or a size 16 at least :D
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    July 7th 2012.. havea group Brides on a Mission! all brides welcome! :)
  • moondust7
    moondust7 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! April 2012 for me... still have some pudge to lose... about half way there!
  • RockerDDS
    RockerDDS Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    June 2, 2012 for me. I would like to lose 35-40 pounds. SO much work to do.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Getting married next November in Jamacia! I want to have some major toned arms in that dress!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We're renewing our vows April 28th, definitly want to look stunning the second time around. Holiday food's not helping.