Menu Questions

Options
do you make out your menus daily or weekly ? I'm on a 1200 calorie diet need some help planning :)

Replies

• rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i do daily but I am still in college and my schedule changes every day
  • getfit618
    getfit618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Daily- usually make it the night before depending on how i think my day will turn out!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When you're first starting out, weekly is a good idea. It also helps with shopping.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Start making freinds with alot of people and some of them will have an open diary. You can get food ideals from seeing what others eat. You can add me if you like, my food diary is open, but I don't know if you can get ideals from me as I do not eat meat.
  • daily because you dont get use to the same old routine keeping options openis good
    :wink:
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I usually do daily but I'm on a limited budget (full time student) and limited time so what I eat doesn't change a lot. But I am not a "schedule" type person, and I would feel boxed in if I was creating a menu for the whole week. Although, planning for the week definitely works well for some people!
  • GeeksGirl2808
    Options
    When I shop I do it weekly so I don't pick up junk and stuff that I can't afford (food wise and money wise). But then every night I log the following day's food so that I have a plan to hopefully stick to so I'm not tempted to head to the vending machine. Or if I reallllllly need to, I'll make better junk food choices based on how many calories I have left. I have more success doing it that way than logging the day's food at the end of the day because then I don't have an idea of how I'm doing.
  • rhondat48
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone my problem is 1 I love food and have bad eating habits I signed up a long time ago but this is the first time. Explored this sight maybe that is a step in the right direction
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am also on a 1200 calorie diet you can add me and see what I eat. You may also want to make your diary able to view so others may want to also add you. Also we are close in age so that may be helpful?

:flowerforyou:
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    i'm vegan, so maybe u wouldn't be interested in my diary, but i think the best thing is focusing on home-cooked. u can really have control then. but as u can imagine, making it urself takes planning. i make my lunches for work the night before--sometimes my dinner too, when i know i'll be working late. if breakfast will require a lot of prep (like a tofu scramble) then i chop and measure at night, bag it for the morning. also, when i clear the dinner table, i portion food out into my measures i want for tmw's lunch and put the leftovers away ready for lunch/dinner next day. at first everything seems too much to juggle. afterawhile it's second nature. u'll get there.
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    the phase of "contemplation", when ur just thinking about a change, is important too. so u joined awhile ago. set your mind to imagining what would happen if u joined and did it all seriously. then what would change in your life? u'll get there. good luck!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I make mine the night before with a little bit of wiggle room.
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I do it every night for the next day. I plan for & pack meals & snacks.
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am a weekly planner, but I have a husband and 2 kids to plan for as well. I find, as others have stated, that going to the grocery store only once a week keeps spending down. Try them both and see which one you like the best!
  • Daughterofeve
    Daughterofeve Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I plan for the week, but its not set in stone, I like to be a little flexible as I might not feel like fish on Tuesday or steak on Wednesday. My plan is more just for shopping. Then I go from there!