Where to buy an HRM?

Options
I'm thinkin of asking my fiance for an HRM for Christmas...where's a good place to get em?
Walmart.com has cheapo ones, not sure if I'd trust it...the only place I've seen them in store is ****'s Sporting Goods.

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    If you want any chance at accuracy, be sure to get one with a chest strap. That way it is monitoring you heartrate continuously as it changes throughout your excercise. The ones that are 'just' a watch without a chest strap require you to 'touch' them every now and then to take your heartrate - so it only looks at a few points in time rather than your complete continuous heartrate.

I bought mine at Target (polar ft4) but apparently it is significantly cheaper on amazon.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I got my Polar FT7 for about $65 on Amazon. I've seen quite a few people that purchased from heartratemonitorsusa.com as well.
  • Ichbinceiling
    Options
    I got mine at Best Buy and I bought the additional $15 warranty. Best investment ever. Its broke on me twice. I took it in and they handed me a new one, right then in there. I think mine is a Polar F4 or F7. Its the gold looking one. LOVE IT!
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    LOL did they really "bleep out" the name of the sporting goods store???
  • Weeblewobel1
    Options
    go on line and check out the polar hrm very very good and they come in all types. I have the polar ft 40 it is great tells me were my heart rate is during work outs ,how many cals i have burned and also how fit i am,
  • hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    LOL. Oh my, I didn't realize they would. I actualy have a ten dollar off gift card for Amazon so that sounds like a good plan.
    I remember having the ones with chest straps in gym class at school. That's what I wanted but I figured they'd be significantly higher in price.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ****s is a good place to buy things. i love going to ****s because they have a wide selection, and the customer service at ****s is pretty good too.
  • hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Yeeeeeeeeeah...****'s can be a little expensive at times.