coffee

Options
Coffee is a must have for me! However I am finding it hard to stay with in my caloric intake. Any suggestions or ideas? Maybe I just need to get over it....

Replies

• SuperSexyLady
    Options
    Coffee is a must have for me! However I am finding it hard to stay with in my caloric intake. Any suggestions or ideas? Maybe I just need to get over it....
  • JohnAB
    JohnAB Posts: 19
    Options
    regular black coffee should have 0-5 Calories, so it shouldn't be a problem, just count the milk or creamer you use.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and the International Delight sugar free Vanilla creamer. It's really good, has no trans fat & you don't need a lot :smile:
  • princess03
    Options
    iced coffee+spenda!!!:drinker:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I use Torani Syrups in my coffee and make some great combos. You don't need much and can buy them at some WalMarts but the coffee shop here in town sells me mine. I used to get them at World Market but they closed. Here are some of my favorite combos:
    I put a very little skim milk in all of these to make them creamier but you dont' have to.
    All of the flavors are Sugar Free.

Chocolate & Carmel
    French Vanilla & Carmel
    Chocolate & Coconut
    Chocolate, Coconut & Cherry
    White Chocolate & Raspberry
    Chocolate & English Toffee

They have 0 calories. A serving size is an ounce but I never use that much (less than a tablespoon). A bottle is about $8.00 but they last FOREVER and you can get smaller bottles for a trial.

My kids also use them for their hot chocolate.

Hope that helps some :happy:
  • lyshpeach
    lyshpeach Posts: 14
    Options
    Great suggestion. Thanks!
    I use Torani Syrups in my coffee and make some great combos. You don't need much and can buy them at some WalMarts but the coffee shop here in town sells me mine. I used to get them at World Market but they closed. Here are some of my favorite combos:
    I put a very little skim milk in all of these to make them creamier but you dont' have to.
    All of the flavors are Sugar Free.

Chocolate & Carmel
    French Vanilla & Carmel
    Chocolate & Coconut
    Chocolate, Coconut & Cherry
    White Chocolate & Raspberry
    Chocolate & English Toffee

They have 0 calories. A serving size is an ounce but I never use that much (less than a tablespoon). A bottle is about $8.00 but they last FOREVER and you can get smaller bottles for a trial.

My kids also use them for their hot chocolate.

Hope that helps some :happy:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee is my daily splurge.

Coffee (my big travel mug full, can't remember how much, maybe 3 or 4 cups)
    6 tsp of sugar free powdered creamer (Great Value Sugar Free French Vanilla)
    3 tbsp liquid creamer (International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla)
    = 124 calories

I have it daily. I don't want to give it up. Period. :bigsmile:
  • SuperSexyLady
    Options
    thank you all so much for the ideas!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I would die without my lattes, so I just factor a 12oz skinny latte into my day (clocks in at 100cals)
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Life without coffee is not really life...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with splenda and skim milk......I used to get reg milk and sugar but it really dipped into my calories as well
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with 2 mini tubs of coffee mate creamer (32 cals), and a packet of sweet n low.

You can take my coffee when you pry it from my cold, jittery fingers :angry:

:laugh:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I have coffee with splenda and skim milk......I used to get reg milk and sugar but it really dipped into my calories as well

This was my problem too. However, did you notice that fat-free and 2% both have 12 grams of sugar :noway: I'm gonna have to try some of these suggestions... thanks everyone!
  • vstarcher
    vstarcher Posts: 28
    Options
    Coffee is a necessity. My day is not complete without it.

Has anyone tried Cremora's 0 carb creamer? It's really nice and creamy (like liquid creamer).
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

= 124 calories

:laugh: And I thought I liked my creamer with a little coffee..agreed. My morning big cup of coffee is a non issue, not gonna give it up and my family wouldn't want me to, believe me. I will walk an extra mile before the coffee goes away. Sometimes I have done non fat powdered milk with some sugar, that can help decrease the cals and still give it a creamy taste, but usually creamer or good old cream with a bit of sugar. I have weaned myself down on the cream and sugar, the less of those the fewer cals you will get and the more coffee you can drink!!:drinker:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Life without coffee is not really life...

and roger! :smile:

coffee + 2 Splenda + Vanilla Soy Milk = about 45 calories

about once a week I will treat myself with either a latte from starbucks, or coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 -- Yum!
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can take my coffee when you pry it from my cold, jittery fingers :angry:
    :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    my coffee with half and half (we all choose our pleasures) is only 42 calories, that's a 16 oz. mug in the morning, only one cup per day. If I need something after that its green tea or orange pekoe tea.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

= 124 calories

:laugh: And I thought I liked my creamer with a little coffee..agreed. My morning big cup of coffee is a non issue, not gonna give it up and my family wouldn't want me to, believe me. I will walk an extra mile before the coffee goes away. Sometimes I have done non fat powdered milk with some sugar, that can help decrease the cals and still give it a creamy taste, but usually creamer or good old cream with a bit of sugar. I have weaned myself down on the cream and sugar, the less of those the fewer cals you will get and the more coffee you can drink!!:drinker:

You should have seen how much creamer I used BEFORE weaning myself down to this small amount!! :noway:

My coffee is sweet and milky, tastes more like a latte than a coffee, really. I adore it.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I :heart: coffee. Really. :flowerforyou: