I didn't believe i could do it

Options
staceyw37
staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
Lose weight and exercise at least one hour a day.

I had become complacent--accepting it as natural that a 37 y.o. mom of 3 was gonna have a spare tire and otherwise be fat, that i wouldn't have enuf time to exercise, that my kids wouldn't cooperate with my time to exercise, that it was ok to eat whatever i wanted when i was "hungry," that change was pointless b/c the numbers wouldn't budge. My heart wasn't really committed to losing weight and being healthier.

BUT MFP and all of you have helped me do what i thought i couldn't do! I have lost 8 lbs now--pounds that aren't coming back, i don't gorge on cookies each and every day, my muscles are toning up, i look forward to my exercise of 60min and try to fit in more b/c it makes me feel so good, i've moving forward on my 800 in 2009 challenge (the best!).

Seeing my own success motivates me to keep at it. I have proof that i can change. And that makes me feel incredible!
Thank you all for your great support, words of wisdom, ideas, articles. :flowerforyou:

Yay me! Yay you!

Replies

• staceyw37
    Options
    Lose weight and exercise at least one hour a day.

I had become complacent--accepting it as natural that a 37 y.o. mom of 3 was gonna have a spare tire and otherwise be fat, that i wouldn't have enuf time to exercise, that my kids wouldn't cooperate with my time to exercise, that it was ok to eat whatever i wanted when i was "hungry," that change was pointless b/c the numbers wouldn't budge. My heart wasn't really committed to losing weight and being healthier.

BUT MFP and all of you have helped me do what i thought i couldn't do! I have lost 8 lbs now--pounds that aren't coming back, i don't gorge on cookies each and every day, my muscles are toning up, i look forward to my exercise of 60min and try to fit in more b/c it makes me feel so good, i've moving forward on my 800 in 2009 challenge (the best!).

Seeing my own success motivates me to keep at it. I have proof that i can change. And that makes me feel incredible!
    Thank you all for your great support, words of wisdom, ideas, articles. :flowerforyou:

Yay me! Yay you!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It does feel great to exercise doesn't it? Heres to a healthier you! :drinker:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    WHOO HOO!!!

YAY YOU!!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    whahooooo good for you keep it up your doing great :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks! i'm so glad i didn't sell myself short this time!

thank you!:heart:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    you are a winner! No wait, you are a loser!!! woo hoo for you!:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Keep up the great work. :drinker:
  • susieq76
    susieq76 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!