May 2009 Challenge: Week 1

Options
Here we go! The start of the May Challenge has arrived!

Week 1 Challenge is.... Cardio Challenge!
Let's kick this off to a great start with getting our walking/running/jogging or elliptical shoes on! Log as many minutes of Cardio you can this week. You can choose to report daily or on Friday at weigh in. Keep in mind that you want to really push yourself! So, if you have been doing 30 minutes, up it to 40 minutes this week... by the end of the week, you will feel like you could go longer and longer! Track as much as you can!

Please dont forget to post your starting weights (as of May 1), your goal weight (as of May 31)

Also, I encourage you all to take your measurements of your chest, waist, hips and thighs as well as biceps of each arm to track inches as well! Furthermore, the more you are on my fitness pal, the more motivated you will be! Lastly, keep a spreadsheet or log of your weight this month and dont get discouraged if the scale plays tricks with you... The more you have your eyes focused on the long term, the better... No get out there and kick some butt (Cardio Style!):drinker:

Replies

• abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Here we go! The start of the May Challenge has arrived!

Week 1 Challenge is.... Cardio Challenge!
    Let's kick this off to a great start with getting our walking/running/jogging or elliptical shoes on! Log as many minutes of Cardio you can this week. You can choose to report daily or on Friday at weigh in. Keep in mind that you want to really push yourself! So, if you have been doing 30 minutes, up it to 40 minutes this week... by the end of the week, you will feel like you could go longer and longer! Track as much as you can!

Please dont forget to post your starting weights (as of May 1), your goal weight (as of May 31)

Also, I encourage you all to take your measurements of your chest, waist, hips and thighs as well as biceps of each arm to track inches as well! Furthermore, the more you are on my fitness pal, the more motivated you will be! Lastly, keep a spreadsheet or log of your weight this month and dont get discouraged if the scale plays tricks with you... The more you have your eyes focused on the long term, the better... No get out there and kick some butt (Cardio Style!):drinker:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    well heres my starting stats

weight: 10st 10 (150lbs)
    end of may weight: 10st 2 (142lbs)

starting measurements
    chest: 38inch
    waist: 29 1/2 inch
    Hips 39inch
    Thigh: 23inch
    Bicep: 11inch

ooooo i like this cardio challenge, im going to be walking for about 3-4hours straight today so im guessing that counts

good luck everyone!

Katie
    xxx
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Here's my starting weight for May 1:

220 lbs.

Here's my goal for May 31:

209 lbs.

Best wishes to everyone!!!!
  • cryt11
    cryt11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here is my starting weight for May 1 : 146.5
    Goal Weight for May 31: 139

Bring on the Cardio!

Good Luck everyone!

Crystal:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • losinglynn
    losinglynn Posts: 22
    Options
    My WI this morning showed me down 5.4lbs from when I started this past Saturday. I know that most of that loss is from water retention b/c I've made a HUGE effort to eat nothing processed this week. Still puts a smile on my face this Friday morning!!

Start Weight: 193.2
    Goal Weight: 189.9
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I want to join but I will have to post everything later today or tomorrow. My mom's funeral is today at 3 pm. This challenge will help me get back on track after the last two weeks. Thanks!
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Okay....here goes!! This is my birthday month. I would like my birthday present to myself to be able to wear my summer clothes without hating myself.

SW--178
    GW--168
    Measurements
    Chest--37 3/4
    Waist--33
    Hips--43 1/2
    LThigh--26 RThigh--25 1/2
    LBicep--14 RBicep--14 1/2

Here's to May and Better Health :drinker: Good Luck Everyone!!
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Weight: 203lbs
    Chest: 40.5
    Waist: 39
    Hips: 47.5
    Left Thigh: 27
    Right Thigh: 27
    Left Calf: 17
    Right Calf: 17
    Left Arm: 14
    Right Arm: 14
    Goal weight for May 31st: 195lbs
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    Weight this morning 295. Goal for may 31 is 283.
  • LoveDollie
    LoveDollie Posts: 23
    Options
    Start Weight: 259.4
    Goal Weight: 253.4

I am on travel for the first couple weeks, so hope I can stick to my plan!
  • dezmoore
    dezmoore Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: MAY 1st : 181 Pounds
    Goal Weight by MAY 31st: 169 Pounds

that's 12 pounds - which would be a miracle if I could do... here's to hard work - dedication --eating right and burning calories!!!

Cardio Today: 60 minute Spin class and 20 minutes cardio on either eliptical or treadmill
    :wink:
  • riverfaraday
    Options
    I'm in! I've been a couch potato a LOT lately so I need to step it up!
    My starting weight is 141.5lbs as of 5/01
    My ending weight goal is 135lbs by 5/30
  • tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    Starting Weight May 1: 259.4
    Goal Weight may 31: 253.4

I will put my measurements on here later this evening. Bring on the cardio. i am so glad you picked this challenge because I need to work on the cardio part of exercising.
  • akamaki
    akamaki Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight May1 : 181.4
    Goal Weight May 31 : 173

Measurements -
    Bust : 40.5
    Waist : 33
    Hips : 44.5
    Thighs : 26
    Arms : 13

I'm at 25 minutes average for cardio... so I'll bump it up to 30.

Cardio is my weak point so I will start bumping up little at a time. I've already made vast improvements on my stamina, so if I focus on it I'll get even better!~

Good luck everyone!
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Here we go!!! SW is 250.3 and GW is 245. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see what kind of progress we make.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've got my measurements recorded in excel, but for the purpose of this challenge, I'm just going to track my weight.

Starting Weight (as of May 1st): 164 lbs
    Goal Weight (May 31st): 159 lbs

I've already been working out 6 days, but I can focus a little more on improving endurance through cardio. Right now, most days, I'm combining cardio with strength training, so I'll add a few extra minutes to the cardio probably two days a week.

Good luck to everyone!! :smile:
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    SW 148 lbs
    GW 142 lbs

Good luck everyone!!
  • dv_tina
    dv_tina Posts: 6
    Options
    Weight on May 1st: 159
    Goal by May 30: 153

I am looking to lose 6 pounds and I better get my butt to spin class for the cardio challenge!:noway:
  • ja2009
    ja2009 Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi everyone. :smile:

Starting Weight: 252.4(MAY 1)
    Goal Weight : 244.4 (May 30)

Measurements -
    Bust : 43
    Chest: 38
    Waist : 34
    Hips : 47
    Thighs: 25 1/2