Does anyone have a great workout to SHARE?

Options
Looking for something new.. And I'm not particularly keen on buying home dvds.. Something in the gym maybe?

Replies

• missamielou
    Options
    I don't know if you are a keen runner or not, but I set myself a challenge of running 50 miles last month (I did 53) and that made me get in the gym enarly everyday! Very motivating but only if you enjoy running ha! xx
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Filthy Fifty (For time:) 50 Box jump, 24 inch box; 50 Jumping pull-ups; 50 Kettlebell swings, 16kg; 50 Walking Lunges; 50 Knees to elbows; 50 Push press, 45 pounds; 50 Back extensions; 50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball; 50 Burpees; 50 Double unders

My Friday workouts for December... time and then try to beat your time the next week.
  • jwh1986
    Options
    Yes! Create anything that keeps you moving for an hour, I personally like to do circuits for 1 hour! Like this:
    Space needed: anything from your own mat and next to it, to whole gym. First lets starts with small space:
    warm up:
    > Jump Rope x3 1 Minute on 15 seconds off
    > Jumping Jacks x3 1 Minutes on 15 seconds off
    Stretch for 7-12 minutes (arms, calves, thighs, back)
    Exercise:
    each one of these is a station, do one, then move on to the next activity. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,...)
    1 > standing squats
    2 > pushups
    3 > jump rope
    4 > planks
    5 > standing lounges
    6 > leg lifts / flutter kicks
    7 > Jumping Jacks
    Rest - 1 1/2 minute, then repeat. You get 15 seconds between each activity. notice that each one alternates from standing activity to laying down. This will help you keep moving and even during your 15 second "rest" you are still moving to get into your next position.
    This is 1 set! do 6 or 7 sets and you should be sweating all over the place, make sure you use correct form and don't cheat yourself, it's better to fail with perfect form then to complete with horrible form. the object is to build muscle and cut fat. this won't happen if you HELP the fat stay there because you won't work out correctly!

Now if you have more room.. add in bigger things like, <run a lap>, <Sprints>, <suicides (line to line runs)>, lounges to line and back, bear crawls, etc.. all these require more room, but if you have it, use it! plus it gets you away from that mat for one exercise! lol. ok hope everybody enjoys this.

OH and if this is toooo easy for you, add in some dumb bells or wrist/ankle weights.. I carry 10lb dumbbells and right now I feel like I'm all out of shape again. your back, core, and legs all need to make up for that weight difference and burn more to keep stabilized. Stronger core coming up! REMEMBER, there is always a NEXT STEP! Keep on it, you'll get it!

~Justin Hoffman
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My 12 week fat loss program -- SIMPLE - here it is...

Heavy resistance once a week, full body, light calisthenics on other days and an hour of cardio 6 days a week. It's a daily 2 hour workout, so though it's simple, it's also very challenging. You can mold this to fit your own unique needs and what you enjoy doing: weights, machines, swimming, running, dancing... The meals are balanced over 6 feedings a day: 55% carb, 25% protein and 20% fat or something close to that. The calories are set at whatever loses 1/2 a pound or one pound a week. NO MORE THAN THAT!

That's it. Again, very simple but hard.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm
    Hubby and I just started this and it's simple to follow and a nice challenge.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Running for an hour!
  • missxlaur
    Options
    NEW RULES OF LIFTING FOR WOMEN. it's a book with lifting programs for 6 months, and it's a great read. it really changes the way you look at working out. I've been doing it for about 5 weeks now and my body feels the best it's ever felt. check it out.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i've been posting on my wall a work out of the day for my friends and myself. this was yesterdays:

Run/walk/row/elliptical/whatever 3 miles.
    After each mile stop and do 20 each of the following exercises:
    -body-weight squats
    -push-ups
    -lunges (10 each leg)
    -sit-ups
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Thanks-this is what I am looking for
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Check out www.makingthebest.com.

The fitness trainer that makes that sites does a ton of free short and various workout videos. He's a very nice man who is big on the healthy solutions and is very upbeat. I've not met him in person but I've chatted with him via facebook. He's a real guy. He's nice. And he's willing to answer questions about fitness, workouts, healthy eating...
  • tracy287
    Options
    Group classes are awesome if your gym offers them, I love step aerobics, and also the weight lifting classes, its more motivating when there are a bunch of people doing it with you!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    I discovered 'capoeira' almost 2 years ago. An Afro-Brazilian martial art. Truly changed my life. My body composition has completely changed ; % of fat vs muscle. It's a great combo of strength and cardio. I go twice a week (sometimes 3 times), 1.5 hours each course and am in better shape than I have ever been. I am constantly challenged too.

I am 40 years old. In total, I've lost 23 pounds and feel amazing! Plus, you learn about a new culture and a new language. It has become an integral part of my husband and I's life and I couldn't live without it! You should check it out on YouTube. Most capoeira players never set foot in a gym and look at their strength, flexibility and overall health. You'll be amazed! Axé!
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope and kettlebells!!! Love both but all of the above posts are AWESOME!!!
  • zbmb30
    zbmb30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started working out with a trainer and she has new workouts for me everytime I meet with her. I take her class on the days we don't train. She does a bootcamp kind of class. It has a lot of plyometrics in it and it is nonstop. I love it because it is hard for me and I am sweating like crazy afterwards. I love the feeling I have the next day when I feel my muscles are sore. I also like reminding myself that in a few more weeks I will be able to keep up with her better.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Here's an awesome treadmill intervall workout:

MINUTES INCLINE SPEED
    0-5 0 3.5
    5-7 5 4,0
    7-9 7 4.3
    9-11 9 4.5
    11-15 0 JOG 6.0
    15-16 0 SPRINT 7.0 OR MORE
    16-20 5 4.0
    20-23 10 2.5 SLOW LUNGES UPHILL
    23-25 0 4.0
    25-30 2 JOG 6.0
    30-31 2 SPRINT 7.0 OR MORE
    31-34 5 4.0
    34-40 5 JOG 5.0
    40-45 0 3.0 COOL DOWN
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    This is a 16 minute workout that is cardio, and killer on the legs:

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off - Repeat this 8 times (this total to four minutes)
    -Air squats (Record the LOWEST number of reps on any given round)
    60 second rest

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off - Repeat this 8 times (this total to four minutes)
    -Jumping squats (Record the LOWEST number of reps on any given round)
    60 seconds rest

-Lunges (Record the LOWEST number of reps on any given round)
    60 seconds rest

-Jumping lunges (Record the LOWEST number of reps on any given round)

This is actually a tabata workout, if you're curious. It's easy because you don't need any equipment - I wanted to share something anyone could do anywhere :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump! great suggestions
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock. I swear by it.