What do you think?

Options
"Its ok to eat whatever you want, as long as you are under your calorie limit"
What does here everyone think about this mentality?

Replies

• fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Technically correct, but if you get all your calories from cookies you will be very hungry and more likely to "fall off the wagon"

If you eat all your calories from a healthy mix of whole foods you will feel full, feel great and have heaps of energy to succeed.

I know which way I am doing it!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    I disagree, I prefer more calories in healthy food than little calories and no gain or nutrients for my body.

When it is about healthy food I don't care about passing over a little the limits

It is all about best choices in my new lifestyle. I am not only foccused on calories
  • ahersh00
    Options
    I find it very annoying, as an RN. It's a totally unhealthy mentality. Filling your body with processed, greasy food isn't good for you (obviously).
  • beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    if u eat healthy and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables then u will be able to have more calories to eat other foods
    eating fast food deep fried foods, only limit calories and max per day, and the nutrition side of junk food and fast food is crap.. they are high in fat, sodium, trans fat and have little nutrients in them..
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    You can, but its not really worth it. I treat myself and eat what I want...and mostly want I want is healthy foods because it makes me feel good.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/409011-10-ways-to-ruin-your-diet?hl=10+Ways+to+Ruin+Your+Diet&page=1#posts-5613649
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In theory I suppose yes. But in practice not such a good idea. I have certainly done it, in fact after 10 weeks eating what I consider clean, high protein, low processed carbs and lots of veggies, this past Sunday I wanted to EAT. So I thought I will go have want I have been craving and purchase a french bread baggette, and 6 chocolote chip cookies from La Madeline. I baically ate that all day Sunday, and topped it off if some of my home made black bean chili for supper. Needless to say I felt horrible all day, ended up with a tummy ache, and really did not feel good at all, and to top if off was hungrey. I figured this would happen but sometimes you just give in... which I did. I will not be doing that again! You can eat so much more food if you include lots of veggies, and good foods, I guess for me I like the idea of more volume so that I am full when I am finished with a meal. Other than this past Sunday, I have been eating 1200-1300 per day and I am 29 lbs down as of yesterday.
  • marylou1976
    marylou1976 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    everyone seems to have different opinions but you have to go with what works for you, I have a healthy breakfast, cereal or yoghurt and fruit, chicken or fish and stir fry for lunch and jacket potato for dinner, then I allow myself a "treat" each day, a 99cal packet of crisps or small chocolate bar, then the weekend save a few cals for a couple of glasses of wine, this way I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything and don't feel the need to binge on a giant bar of chocolate/packet of biscuits etc. every diet is different, some count calories, some fat content, as long as you stick to cals you should still loose, I'm averaging about 1lb a week which is great for me as it's coming off slowly and hopefully stay off, also it's teaching me to be sensible with choices as well as having "treats"
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "Its ok to eat whatever you want, as long as you are under your calorie limit"
    What does here everyone think about this mentality?

I think we're all adults capable of making our own decisions. Who am I to say whether what someone else eats or doesn't eat is "OK"?
  • geostrophic
    geostrophic Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you should have optimum calorie.intake along with having healthy food.......nd should.focus more on eating less of carb and more of protein.......

three macro nutrient should be in the ratio

for normal : carb:protein:fat should be 3:2:1
    for a person trying to lose some kilos: 1:2.5:1
    for a person wanting to.build lean muscles : 2:3:1
    and for someone who is.trying to.bulk: 4:3:1

i guess this.might come in handy ;-)