Guys...

Options
Shayyy01
Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
What watch do you wear?
Trying to pick one out for the hubby.. No idea whats a good mens watch.

Replies

• Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I bought my BF a Citizen Watch for Xmass 2 years ago. He loved it.
  • bullet1
    Options
    I have a Citizen Eco which is pretty nice, and I also have an Oakley.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    depends on the budget, but for a nice everyday watch that's not too bad - Fossil
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    really depends on a budget.. if i had to go cheap prolly citizen or fossil.. like previous said..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Budget is a big factor. I personally have this watch, a Seiko Perpetual Calendar model.
    SNQ045.jpg

I got mine on a clearance sale for about $150. Are you looking for under $100? Under $500? Over $1,000? There are millions of choices out there, in all kinds of practical, and insane price points. :laugh:
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I love Movado.
  • Froggy1976
    Options
    My husband has been lusting after a Tag Heuer for years. One day...one day. They are pricey but nice.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    bmp
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Does he workout? My husband and his buddies have been into those GPS watches.... the ones that track everything.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Probably under 500.
    I would want like a dresser ( for occasion) watch, not an every day watch.
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    For my husbands last watch I Spent $300 on a great citizen, it's got about 4 dials of different info and has a black silicon/plastic type sports watch band. Can go diving if he wanted to. still quite classy looking. His last citizen lasted 11 years, was a metal band and only died because a watch guy in the centre of the shop was supposed to replace the battery and seal it and broke it instead!

Hubby now doesn't wear the citizen unless going out. He wears his Polar FT80 Heart Rate Monitor nearly all the time now! It's black and silver and quite nice as well and does the job of telling the time for him.

Do you know if he likes metal bands or plastic? Some metal ones are heavier and my husband said it did used to pull hair occassionally, but looks a little fancier. Sports watches can look good still. Can you do it subtly like putting out the watch junk mail brochures and ask a preference?

You can always buy one, if he likes it, get it engraved etc, something special, if not he can change it with the receipt still.

Cheers, either way, blokes are usually fuss free and couldn't be bothered picking, just the type of watch band - metal or plastic/rubber, analogue or digital or a mix of both? Can ask his parents/family what he used to wear too, to be sneaky!
    cheers.
  • Citizen! Xmas present for my boyfriend 3 yrs ago and he still wears it every single day!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    most-expensive-watch-201-Carat-Chopard.jpg

You could always go with this watch... It's only $25 million... Ridiculous, isn't it? :laugh:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    untitled1.jpg
    Vintage
    Mechanical
    Well made with Swiss parts.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I prefer the simple easy to read timepiece. My favorite was a $40 Timex which was very bland with a plain, black strap. I understand that the fancier, more expensive watches may be desired, but I like it simple.
  • Trueguardian
    Options
    Casio "G"Shock, totally the way to go. If he is a sporty kind of guy. They are tough, hold up to just about anything and very manly looking..WOOT!!!
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    love my ducatti breil watch (: