Coffee affecting weight loss?

Options
I am about 2 months into my journey/lifestyle change. The fist month I blew off almost 20 pounds pounds then it started coming off a more slowly. I normally drink anywhere between 2 and 5 cups of coffee a day. dunkin donuts regular blend, 1tbsp non dairy creamer and 1 pkg of truvia. Now it seems like for the last couple weeks I have not lost barely any. Which I am fine with losing it slowly because I am going to be doing this forever, but if my coffee is inhibiting my results I would gladly quit drinking it until I am in the maintain area. two weeks ago I didn't drink barely any coffee cuz I was on vacation and I lost 3 pounds. then when I got home I drank my normal cup and didn't do barely any excersize compared to what I have been doing and I gained back 2 pounds. Now this week I am trying to go no coffee at all, to see if it's inhibiting me. I guess my question is has anyone else had this happen? And if so once elliminating the coffee did your weight loss continue a little better? Any responses are welcome thanks.

Replies

• gwynemalazarte
    Options
    Hi,

I believe we are on the same boat.. Before I usually drink milk instead of coffee to help in my bowel and lost ultimately 9lbs in almost 3 weeks and now, because of a very busy day and not having any milk, i drink coffee instead, and my weight loss became slow.

Maybe i should also try to experiment if coffee will inhibit my weight loss.

thanks for sharing.
  • tigerkittyskf
    Options
    Coffee has hardly any calories. So, I don't think that's it. I drink about 6 cups of coffee a day and it hasn't affected me. Do you drink regular or decaf? Caffinee tends to dehydrate the body. So, I'd say drink a lot of water from the time you stop drinking coffee until you go to bed and see what happens.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Bump. Those of you experimenting, please check back with results.
    I usually drink 4 cups a day, down from 8+ between 10 and 4.
    From what I understand coffee doesn't really dehydrate you-the water content is such that you are just hydrated a little less than if you drank water. I still drink a glass of water between each cup of coffee, anyway.
  • stephaniev07
    stephaniev07 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys. I started monday with no coffee. So I will weigh in on sunday and post back. I look forward to your responses also!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Wut?

In what world does is an anorectic, thermogenic, calorie-free substance detrimental to fat loss????
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Wut?

In what world does is an anorectic, thermogenic, calorie-free substance detrimental to fat loss????

ANything other than water is toxic from what I have read on this forum :laugh:
  • SammiFrancs
    SammiFrancs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Doubt coffee is the issue, and if you are drinking up to 5 cups of coffee on some days I'm thinking if you quit cold turkey you are probably going to get headaches. Try to limit yourself to 1-2 cups.... I can't see your workout profile, but if you aren't working out you probably lost a majority of your weight through dietary changes and now comes the part where you need to introduce exercises. If you have been exercising and now are seeing the slow down, I would say you need to introduce a new workout to try and change up your muscle memory. That might help... good luck!!