Portion sizes

Options
I am really struggling dealing with portion sizes. I can never seem to feel full after eating the recommended amount of protein. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i have this issue as well and what i do to try and conquer it is to top up on as much vegetables as possible as well as working out abit harder to earn the extra calories so i can eat that little bit more
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I try eating slower, more veggies as someone else suggested and also drinking a big glass of water alongside eating my meal.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with everything... you cant rely on just protein - you need vegetables for the fiber content... If you are allowed to consume whole-grains, enjoy some with your meal but BALANCE it out....

Water is a great way to make sure you dont overeat!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Good advice, in the above posts. It takes a few weeks to get used to the changes in your eating patterns, so hang in there. Open your food diary so folks can look and g ive you specific suggestions.
  • rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, don't worry about eating more protein than is suggested. That's a mimumum amount. And veggies are a great low cal way to bulk up your meal. . .go crazy on them, i promise you'll feel fuller for longer. Good luck!!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i try to have food thats high in protien and fibe since they will make you fuller longer. i also eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolism up. snacks would be also high in protien such as yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, hummus.