I need ideas for ground turkey

Options
So I need some ideas of what to make for dinner tonight. I have some ground turkey thawed and I am so burnt out on burgers, tacos, and meat balls.. I am only cooking for two adults and one little guy... PLEASE.. someone inspire me with something to do with this meat! TIA

Replies

• stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    chili?
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I make meat sauce for pasta with turkey. Similar to meatballs I know but at least it's a little different.

Turkey chorizo served with eggs could also be good.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Use it the same way you would ground beef. I like it in shepherds pie and use chicken gravy.
  • FluffyCanadianGirl
    Options
    Stuffed peppers
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    i made turkey lasagna last night (made it in my crockpot but you can just make normal lasagna if you want)
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I haven't made this specific recipe, but I have one with shredded chicken and that's about the only difference.....pretty delicious. I leave out the shredded cheese and you can't tell the difference.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/white-chili-with-ground-turkey/
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I cook it in a pan with onions and garlic and some dill.. then i cut up lots of veggies add some black or pink beans and some brown rice.. soo yummy.. I tend to do this alot because its cheap and filling and pretty good for you..
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I cook it in a pan with onions and garlic and some dill.. then i cut up lots of veggies add some black or pink beans and some brown rice.. soo yummy.. I tend to do this alot because its cheap and filling and pretty good for you..

Yum, that sounds good!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options

That does sound really yummy!!! I think that I have all of those ingredients
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I also make a chick pea salad with peppers, onions, garlic, dill, vinegar, olive oils, salt & pepper, arugula
    and mix that in with the ground turkey and eat it cold cometimes.. very yummy as well.. hope you enjoy!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/turkeyrecipes/r/turkmeatballs.htm

This is good, just tweek 2 your taste:-) love ground turkey- endless things 2 do.
    sloppy joes
    mini meatloafs in muffin tins
    soup-chili-spaghetti-tacos
    burgers
    good luck:)
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I have a great recipe for turkey chili! Message me if you'd like it! :)
  • LuLuRunner1
    LuLuRunner1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili....

go to the recipe forum and do a search. It is wonderful!!!! I made it a few weeks ago and barely got a bowl full. I made it again last night and brought some to work with me even though I know I'm going out to eat for a birthday lunch, but I wanted to make sure that I got some!
  • Orakio
    Orakio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really, anything you would do with ground beef. Something I used to do long ago was to make browned crumbles, and mix it with veggies ( I used peppers and snow peas), rice, and spice/dress to flavor - controlled portions and fat free italian dressing would go a long way to cleaning it up into something healthy.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    I found this recipe yesterday!

Servings: 6 • Size: 4 meatballs with sauce • Old Points: 5 pt • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 200.4 • Fat: 8.1 g • Carbs: 12.6 • Fiber: 0.6 • Protein: 17.3 g • Sugar: 4.4
    Sodium: 427.5 mg

Ingredients:

* 20 oz (1.3 lb) ground turkey breast 93% lean
    * 1/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
    * 1/4 cup Reggiano Parmigiano cheese, grated
    * 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
    * 1 egg
    * 1 large clove garlic, crushed
    * 1 tsp kosher salt + fresh pepper

For the sauce:

* 1 tsp olive oil
    * 4 cloves garlic, smashed
    * 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes (I like Tuttorosso)
    * 1 bay leaf
    * salt and fresh pepper to taste
    * 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil or parsley

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 1/8th cup each.

n a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.

Pour crushed tomatoes into the crock pot with bay leaf. Add garlic and oil.

Drop meatballs into the sauce, cover and set crock pot to low, 4 to 6 hours. When meatballs are ready, adjust salt and pepper to taste and add fresh chopped basil or parsley.
    Serve with ricotta, over pasta or enjoy with French bread.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/turkeyrecipes/r/turkmeatballs.htm

This is good, just tweek 2 your taste:-) love ground turkey- endless things 2 do.
    sloppy joes
    mini meatloafs in muffin tins
    soup-chili-spaghetti-tacos
    burgers
    good luck:)
    OMG! We absolutely LOVE the mini meatloaf dish! Made them three times one week, kids went crazy creating different sauces to put on top! No boring ketchup in my pantry!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    One of my favorite recipe sites is www.skinnytaste.com Check it out.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions.. I cant wait to try some!
  • myshell26
    Options
    Stuffed peppers or stuffed cabbage are really good. I know you said you're tired of burgers and tacos, but I make this Mexican style burger. Season the turkey like a taco and dice up some jalapenos and mix them in. Form into patties and grill or pan fry them. Top with guacamole, fat free sour cream and fresh salsa. Save extra calories by skipping the top bun and doing a open faced burger. Very yummy.