Christmas gift for my Dad

Options
any ideas? i need specific ones. something really meaningful. coz i've been thinking, what do you give a man who already has everything he needs and could possibly want? :) i would really appreciate ideas. nothing too expensive tho.

Replies

• 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    An usual beer or whiskey.

I saw some rocks that you freeze and put in your drinks to keep them cold.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    make him something. are you crafty?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    customized like a picture frame. get something engraved for him, if you look up engraving places they have a variety of things you can add an engraved message on. pic his fave thing
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Find something you can do together, I'm sure he'd appreciate having a day with you :) Set up a father-daughter day!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am no help....my dad is the same way, there is never anything he really "wants", he's a very simple man. However, this year I am so excited because I can finally give him the gift he has literally wanted for about 12 years......news of a grandchild on the way.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Find something you can do together, I'm sure he'd appreciate having a day with you :) Set up a father-daughter day!

hear hear!
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    my dad doesn't really drink.. and despises anyone who does :)
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!!
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    no. not really. hehe. :) i wish i was though. :((
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    i never thought of that!! thats actually a great idea! thank you!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    A box set of hos favourite film/TV series? I ordered my Dad a Jacques Tati box set for his birthday this weekend, but now I find out it's going to arrive late. Thanks Amazon :grumble:
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    hmm.. does a spa date sound weird? he likes getting massages... but i don't know. it sounds more like a couple would do together. somehow, a father-daughter spa date sounds.....wrong? any suggestions on what we would do?
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet would be tickets to a concert or event that he'd really like. The father-daughter event sounds good, but if he'd prefer to bring his wife [or mistress?] then leave that open as well.

I know I mention this on most of the gift threads, but www.uncrate.com has all of the stuff that every man wants to own.

But really, the gift is about the gesture. When someone "has everything he or she needs," your best bet is to always gift a memory.
    -wtk
  • grannisue
    Options
    Something my daughter is doing for her husband you could do for your dad. She made up monthly specific gift cards to give to him. Mowing the lawn (which she hates), detailing his car, painting a room (something she loves doing), a picnic lunch. She had kept everything very inexpensive but things he will appreciate. Her certificates she made up on her computer and she was talking about turning it into a calendar for him.
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    A box set of hos favourite film/TV series? I ordered my Dad a Jacques Tati box set for his birthday this weekend, but now I find out it's going to arrive late. Thanks Amazon :grumble:

he doesn't really like watching any series. and i got him What Dreams May Come last Christmas. It was never opened.

Damn. My dad's picky.

Hope everything works out with your Christmas gift.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Take him out for a meal - somewhere he loves or somewhere he has never been before?
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    Something my daughter is doing for her husband you could do for your dad. She made up monthly specific gift cards to give to him. Mowing the lawn (which she hates), detailing his car, painting a room (something she loves doing), a picnic lunch. She had kept everything very inexpensive but things he will appreciate. Her certificates she made up on her computer and she was talking about turning it into a calendar for him.

like coupons he can redeem!! i did that for my boyfriend for Valentine's day! i just thought it was too corny for fathers, but now that you said it, it does sound good. thanks!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I got mine a TV for his bedroom...He's lazy so he should like it, lol.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    buy him tickets to a sporting event that you can attend with him.
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    Take him out for a meal - somewhere he loves or somewhere he has never been before?

that's just it. i wanted to do that but his fave restaurant is really expensive. anything cheaper?