Christmas gift for my Dad

Options
2»

Replies

• keiracarbonara
    Options
    I think your best bet would be tickets to a concert or event that he'd really like. The father-daughter event sounds good, but if he'd prefer to bring his wife [or mistress?] then leave that open as well.

I know I mention this on most of the gift threads, but www.uncrate.com has all of the stuff that every man wants to own.

But really, the gift is about the gesture. When someone "has everything he or she needs," your best bet is to always gift a memory.
    -wtk

hmm. we both like musicals.. there's something to that.. THANKS for a really great suggestion. and i'll surely visit the site you suggested. thanks.
  • Jasonhannen
    Options
    Try Firebox.com for inspiration, they always have quirky stuff on the website :)
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    If it was my Dad I would give him the big hug that I should have given him. He has been gone for 17 yrs now. Love and miss him to this day.

If I was your Dad I would want you to be with me on Christmas, There is nothing better at Christmas than love of family. That is all I want forChristmas is the love of my family!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I got mine a TV for his bedroom...He's lazy so he should like it, lol.
    this. All my dad does is sit and watch tv....it really sickens me seeing him there all day...
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    If it was my Dad I would give him the big hug that I should have given him. He has been gone for 17 yrs now. Love and miss him to this day.

If I was your Dad I would want you to be with me on Christmas, There is nothing better at Christmas than love of family. That is all I want forChristmas is the love of my family!!

i don't claim to know what you're going through but i'm sure he feels your love, wherever he is. i feel grateful for people like you who still know the value of family and the its bonds that remain unbroken no matter what. Merry Christmas and God bless you and your family.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    this. All my dad does is sit and watch tv....it really sickens me seeing him there all day...

Turn off the cable. but him a Wii
  • angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Last year for my mum's birthday i gave her £50 but it had terms to it... She had to pick a day out of her choice (concert, theater, spa) for the both of us. We still havent spent it, its sitting in her bedroom waiting for something awesome to come up and i know were both looking forward to whatever we end up doing.
    And this year coz she's so annoying to buy for im thinking i might give her some more money. twice the days or our a bigger thing. her choice but we'l have fun. Also too me this is a great thing for both of us, because we never get to spend time just the two of us anymore :cry: (two small kiddies who adore there nanny).
  • keiracarbonara
    Options

how old is your dad?
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    Last year for my mum's birthday i gave her £50 but it had terms to it... She had to pick a day out of her choice (concert, theater, spa) for the both of us. We still havent spent it, its sitting in her bedroom waiting for something awesome to come up and i know were both looking forward to whatever we end up doing.
    And this year coz she's so annoying to buy for im thinking i might give her some more money. twice the days or our a bigger thing. her choice but we'l have fun. Also too me this is a great thing for both of us, because we never get to spend time just the two of us anymore :cry: (two small kiddies who adore there nanny).

i'm looking forward to hearing about what your mom has planned for that money. make sure to spend more time with her tho. my mom's the same way. she wears the pants in the family and works jobs abroad so i miss her like crazy. :brokenheart:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I got my dad a year subscription to Sports Illustrated. He's already gotten the first issue and it was a nice surprise for him to get in the mailbox.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you!
  • keiracarbonara
    Options
    I got my dad a year subscription to Sports Illustrated. He's already gotten the first issue and it was a nice surprise for him to get in the mailbox.

NOTED! really good idea. thank you!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I know my kids face the same problem every year. Every year they ask and I tell them, "Cigars and bourbon." They alway scoff.

Problem is that if I want something, I go out and get it. I like cigars and bourbon. Sometimes I get cute little gifts, I'll never use. Sometimes I get something I like. Sometimes I get Cigars and Bourbon.

In the end, it doesn't matter what I get. It's having them all together with me that makes me the happiest. I'll probably make a cigar and liquor run before they ever show up anyways.
  • carolkobe
    carolkobe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could go to a portrait studio and have a professional photo taken of you and put it in a nice frame, he'd love that:)

If he already has everything he needs you could go to oxfam.com and buy a gift for a family in need in his name. You can buy baby chicks or a goat or a lamb etc... which will support a family's income. Or school books for kids, they have great ideas.

If it's something material for him that you might prefer there are lots of organizations out there that help communities (coffee from organic sources etc..)

Or you could really focus on your own community and get him something close by. A car wash and interior clean is always welcome, having someone clean the house or mow the lawn, a gift cert for a restaurant or his barber shop:)

Good luck in your quest:)
    12334015.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools