NSV in form of a DRESS

Options
Warning: Bragging and gloating ahead (because that just wouldn't be acceptable in real life)

Ahhh... I cannot WAIT to wear this for New Years Eve:
Screenshot2011-12-06at83950AM.png
(It's actually much more blue (alllmost cerulean-ish) than shows in the photo - not violet AT ALL. Just the lighting in the photo)

I've been staring at this in the window of a little boutique for about two weeks on the walk to work everyday. On a whim, I decided to stop in on my way home to try it on. The lovely man working asked to help me, I told him what I wanted and he grabbed it for me ("you're a small, right?"). I tried it on, and it's STELLAR. It's form fitted enough, but not hugging me (aka I feel like I can actually eat a meal and not feel like I'll be sporting a food baby). Often my dresses end up being too small/difficult to zip. Nope - I can actually zip this one up all by myself; no sucking in or shifting around dance required.

Due to avoiding a "Britney moment" (as the salesman called it) I went with the medium - the main difference is that it was 2" longer than the small.

Had to share, forgive the bragging :)
Hard work pays off. Who says you can't be strong AND look beautiful?

PS - It was $36. Double win!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Keep up the good work.
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sounds like it was meant to be! can't wait to see photos in the dress!
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You're awesome .. make sure we see pics of you rocking that dress!!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Just got my new tank in from WOD Love is says on the front "Strong is Beautiful" :-)
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Just got my new tank in from WOD Love is says on the front "Strong is Beautiful" :-)

Love it! I saw a shirt the other day (a white "burn out" one) and it said something like "Every time a girl deadlifts an angel gets its wings" haha I seriously considered purchasing it :)
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just replying to show off my ticker :wink: in full agreement of the general sentiment

and awesome dress - I want.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV, you earned the right to shout this from the roof tops!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oooooh that dress is rather yummy LOL, and what a great price!

Enjoy wearing it, look forward to seeing pictures!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!