What do YOU eat on days when you feel like a bottomless pit?

Options
Some days I do sooo well because my hunger is normal...It's all good. BUT THEN I have days when I just feel soooooo HUNGRY and it's like NOTHING satisfies me. How do YOU deal with those days?

Replies

• Katerbuggs
    Options
    I keep ice with me CONSTANTLY. Chewing or sucking on ice helps trick my brain into thinking I'm eating just because my mouth is busy. I find it helps the hungry feeling go away for awhile, or at least hold me over until time for the next planned meal.
  • going2befit
    Options
    Make sure to get a lot of protein in. I think almonds are good. I remember one time I was about to start a binge, and I attempted to binge on almonds but I couldn't. It wasn't that I didn't like them because they're delicious (especially the smoked kind), but I just got way too full after about 1 serving.
  • startrekkermd
    startrekkermd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try something HIGH in fiber. Think whole grain pasta (one serving is like 32% of your RDA) or maybe a glass of Metamucil. Usually stops my hunger pangs for a good while
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I eat food. If I'm that hungry, my body is trying to tell me something.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters with some salsa..... VERY filling yet low calorie and high protein. Sticks to your ribs! :)
  • Katerbuggs
    Options
    Lol, yeah listen to all these other people. My ice trick is only because I'm a boredom eater. I think I'm hungry but I'm actually just bored and wanting to snack. There's a big difference between hungry and cravings. If you're HUNGRY, eat. =)
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got a good tip from my trainer at the gym, the new dessert selection gums really help trick the brain into thinking your eating something delicious.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options

^ This
  • skyestarz
    Options
    Assuming you are talking about "head hunger." Either way I find low fat microwave popcorn to do the trick. You could also make a gigantic salad and squeeze lemon juice over the top of it with a little pepper and sea salt. :)
  • I chew bubblegum, sugar free trident. Although aspartame isnt great for you, at 5 calories per stick, and your constantly chewing, it kind of tricks the brain. Another thing I do is eat a bag of healthy pop pocorn. It fills me up and keeps me going. Also, celery is a huge filler, just be careful because celery can fill you to the point of being too full to eat and it doesnt have a enough daily significant nutrients and even though you'll feel full, you'll actually be starving your body.
  • EllieLou357
    EllieLou357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to my normal eating, but when I just can't take it anymore I try to eat something sweet, but still small.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Lowfat microwave popcorn (chase it with a lot of water to expand it for a really full feeling), gum, herbal tea, cucumbers, leafy greens etc. If all else fails, I find that a protein bar really sticks with me. If I'm out of calories and I really do feel HUNGRY rather than bored, drinking some Metamucil in water appeases the stomach monster who keeps demanding more. I have only had the need to do that one twice in over five months of MFP, but sometimes TOM or stress really does kick up the hunger signals.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I find protein shakes very filling and satisfying.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

^^^^This! ^^^^

If I'm hungry, I eat. My body can only go so long with reduced calories. If I have a day where I'm unusually hungry, I figure my body is needed something a little extra and thats what I give it. Long as it's healthy foods, I eat it until I'm no longer hungry.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I find myself eating almonds or peanut butter on the days I'm feeling extra hungry. I eat peanut butter by the spoonfuls sometimes.
  • SherriH69
    Options
    I remember a few years back on The Biggest Loser, Bob recommended sugar free gum. He said it tricked your body into reducing the craving.

10963224.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I snacked on several different thigns...applesauce, carrots, crackers...That's really all I had here. Then I had some chicken for lunch with some veggies. I don't think I'm hungry anymore...FOR NOW! LOL

I think it was a big stress-induced.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Protein - on days like this I just up my protein - ham, tuna, cottage cheese, yoghurt, almonds, egg, chicken or steak.....protein shake

If I am hungry every couple of hours - salads and veges does not work protein is the way to go....only thing that seems to satiate me some days.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    have more protein and less carbs. 1g protein/lean mass you weigh. try to stay around 100 g carbs too. this helps a lot - I never feel hungry and my cravings have reduced a lot.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lately I have found rice cakes are quite filling. I'll have one and then decide if I need another. For 40 calories....it gets the job done and then I can get on with my night.

I can be a mindless muncher so I am trying REALLY hard to break that habit this time around.