Is it possible to look differently...

Options
without losing weight OR inches?

I've noticed a significant difference in the way my belly looks lately (for the better), only I haven't lost any weight in over a month, and I haven't decreased in inches lately either.

Is it possible that my body looks differently anyways, or is this just wishful thinking on my brain's/eyes' behalf?

Replies

• pussycatsandtoast
    Options
    without losing weight OR inches?

I've noticed a significant difference in the way my belly looks lately (for the better), only I haven't lost any weight in over a month, and I haven't decreased in inches lately either.

Is it possible that my body looks differently anyways, or is this just wishful thinking on my brain's/eyes' behalf?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    its very possible perhaps your toning up a bit...:flowerforyou:
  • carla529
    carla529 Posts: 46
    Options
    Hey there! I would think that's possible...when you build muscle things are going to be distributed differently, giving you a different appearance. I would bet you have lost an inch or more. Measuring is one of those things that can be tricky if we don't measure in the same exact spot every time. My trainer has done this and gets frustrating not knowing my true progress. I say as long as you are looking better....than that's all that matters! :wink:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    The miracle is that YES, your body composition can change without changing the scale or tape measure numbers. :heart:
    Everything sounds like it's redistributed. Keep up the good work, and those numbers will follow eventually, particularly if you tweak your workout and/or eating routines. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I completely think it's possible. I haven't really lost all THAT much weight and ppl are really starting to notice that my body is shaped differently. So am I. I even measured and have only lost 3/4 of an inch which, in my opinion, isn't enough to notice a difference. Enjoy it and use it as motivation :)
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Ive been wondering the same thing! Thanks for asking the question.:flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing right now. I am definitely looking thinner and a heckuva lot more toned. Yet the scale has not moved.

It's all about how you feel don't let those numbers fool you! :drinker:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I've been thinking the same thing. I keep looking in the mirror thinking how much better I look but I haven't lost that much weight or inches. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was thinking it was just wishful thinking too! :noway:

My 10's fit better and look better so something must be going on. I'm still jonesing to wear my 8's though but looking in the mirror is definitely motivating. It feels good to know you really can change your body! :drinker: