Vacation weight gain!

Options
I feel horrible I am showing a 5lb weight gain in one week the reason I have been absent from the boards. I am swollen and feel terrible. How do I get this water weight off fast? Please I need reinforcements. I look like I swallowed a small child.

Replies

• paticksmama07
    paticksmama07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also tomorrow I weigh myself I guess I have to log it. Uggghhh.
  • paticksmama07
    paticksmama07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Also my in-laws are here from Europe and they are on vacation which means eveyrone wants to drink wine every night I am cleaning and entertaining. I feel horrible absolutely horrible today :(
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Draw a line in the sand and stick to your 1,200 calories and you'll be golden.
    Good luck!
  • dandydalek
    dandydalek Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water! It really does help. I came back from a vacation 5 lbs heavier and most of it was gone by the next day.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Google it ... There are home remedies that can help lose water retention, such as a nice hot bath. Do not beat yourself up over 5 lbs and never allow anybody else's habits become yours. A glass of wine shared by one with good conversation is just as much fun and your not suffering from the intake ! Start your day off tomorrow with a healthy breakfast and some exercising ... add lots of veggies thru out the day and remain positive ! The key to success isn't in numbers ... it's in attitude ! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water (maybe throw some lemon in there too). Get some good workouts in to sweat out some of that sodium and give you some calories so you can enjoy your company. Avoid foods with tons of sodium in it until you feel less bloated.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Exercise, tea, water, low sodium foods. Don't beat yourself up over it, if it's just water weight it will come off quickly, it happens.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yes everyone has good points...

BUT - stressing out a lot adds to weight gain as our bodies take the stress hormone as a reason to hold onto resources (in case the stress is due to some horrible situation in which you won't be receiving nutrients for a while). so just calm down, drink some water and keep on keeping on. The weight will come off fast once you're back into your normal routine.
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    DRINK LOADS OF WATER. seriosuly, it will regulate your body back to normal fluid levels - because my guess is you consumed lots of sodium without knowing it and now you are all out of whack. Eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I bet in a week you will drop down at least 3 or maybe the full 5 lbs. Always happens to me after high sodium and not-so-normal food portions intake :)
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    DRINK LOADS OF WATER. seriosuly, it will regulate your body back to normal fluid levels - because my guess is you consumed lots of sodium without knowing it and now you are all out of whack. Eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I bet in a week you will drop down at least 3 or maybe the full 5 lbs. Always happens to me after high sodium and not-so-normal food portions intake :)
    Totally agree. It'll all settle down in a week, don't be too harsh on yourself. Carry on doing the right thing, making healthy choices and exercise.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I feel horrible I am showing a 5lb weight gain in one week the reason I have been absent from the boards. I am swollen and feel terrible. How do I get this water weight off fast? Please I need reinforcements. I look like I swallowed a small child.

Lots of water, asparagus and Vitamin B2 helps to naturally eliminate water retention.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Stick to your Food plan how many calories you have set up for yourself. What you see is more than likely water weight. Drink at least a gallon + of water daily. I am not a strong water drinker what I do to make it more tolerable is add a squeeze of lemon to the water and for me that acts as a diuretic meaning I pee off the excess..
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    eveyrone wants to drink wine every night I am cleaning and entertaining.
    You should be able to make room for 1 glass in your calories. Just sip it and make it last the whole time.
  • melsie20
    Options
    Vacation weight gain is always such a crazy thing. I recently gained.. wait for it.. 10 pounds in one week on a trip to Florida. I was so shocked that it really didn't even register - I've been more freaked out by a 1-2 pound gain .. ha!

I had a pedometer and most days I was walking 7-10 miles. Granted, i was eating a bit more than normal but I stuck with healthy foods the whole time.

I upped cardio workouts the week after, stuck to my calories and it all came off in a week and a half.

Sucks, but it is not 100% fat gain and will come off quickly.