Feedback / Info about the MFP iPhone app

Options
Getting my iPhone soon and would like some of your thoughts on the MFP app. Like, dislike easy to use?

Replies

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Love it! Very easy to use! I actually find the phone app easier to use when searching for new foods than the computer version, just because the nutritional info is listed without having to actually click on the food.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love my iPhone MFP app! I'm able to track all my food/exercise/water intake, etc, really easily and I've never had a syncing problem. It's nice to be at the grocery store or a restaurant and be able to look up things if I need to.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app (which I assume is very similar to the iPhone app) and I love it. Being able to scan bar codes to quickly find food is great. As someone else mentioned, when you do locate foods in a search it shows you some information about calories in the description so you don't have to click through each one to find the right one. It's really handy to be able to log things as you eat them rather than having to remember everything you ate until you can sit down at a computer to log it. It's not a replacement for the website (there are somethings you can do on the web you can't do with the app) but it is definitely a great thing to have in addition.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    love it! love when you search it shows calories and love the bar code scanner!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I love the iphone app!! I only enter my foods and exercises into my diary on my phone. It's very helpful when your going out to eat and you want to search and see what the calorie content is of different menu items.
  • taylorromanyk
    Options
    I love it, I think I like it more than the computer version. :tongue:
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Oh my god thank you!! I cannot wait to get my iPhone!!!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use the Android app (which I assume is very similar to the iPhone app) and I love it. Being able to scan bar codes to quickly find food is great. As someone else mentioned, when you do locate foods in a search it shows you some information about calories in the description so you don't have to click through each one to find the right one. It's really handy to be able to log things as you eat them rather than having to remember everything you ate until you can sit down at a computer to log it. It's not a replacement for the website (there are somethings you can do on the web you can't do with the app) but it is definitely a great thing to have in addition.

same here.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Love it, just wish I could go through the community message board on it.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Love it, just wish I could go through the community message board on it.

You can open MFP on google or Safari which ever you use and you can see the message boards that way.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It has made its contribution in changing my life. I was using a great website before, and a couple of great apps, but I kept searching for a program that had both. Eventually, I found MFP (in March) and have never looked back. It's awesome, and it's free. Also, the MFP app seems to be better on iPhone than the other platforms from what I hear around here, which is a bonus for us iPhone users.

Actually, the app even does a couple of things that the site does not. I just don't get it.
  • gmckay27
    Options
    Ok....why can't I find the Iphone APP? I have searched: my fitness pal, MFP, Iphone MFP, ect....it always comes back with no results. What am I missing? I'm searching in the app store on the Iphone.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I love the iphone app! I also have my HRM on my iphone through Digifit, so all my workouts are saved and the results presented in a series of colorful charts.

Between the MFP app and my HRM, I don't really need my laptop.
  • Daz999
    Daz999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add that I use the MFP app on my iPod touch, I can add food when I eat it and it syncs up when I'm connected wirelessly, at home, at work, at my favorite coffee shop, it works great. I used that before I came to the web site.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have done this without it! I've tried using online programs before but I was never on the computer enough. Being able to look up and log foods with my iPhone has been invaluable.
  • SLN11
    SLN11 Posts: 210
    Options
    I use it on my android and even when I have fallen off the wagon I stil used it to see how everyone else was doing, its really improved in the past few months you will love it on your iphone if its anything like the Android version xx
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options
    i don't know if i could stay as religious in tracking food or exercise without MFP on my iphone - granted, it still takes willpower and hard work - but what separates MFP from traditional "dieting" is the technology! The guesswork is gone, especially at restaurants, etc. Lovin it!!
  • lawson305
    lawson305 Posts: 103
    Options

Between the MFP app and my HRM, I don't really need my laptop.

^Ditto^
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    love it! love when you search it shows calories and love the bar code scanner!

I never used to bother with the barcode scanner cause it seemed like it would be more time consuming, but it just makes it a lot easier than having to search through finding the right match!
  • YbFit
    YbFit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the iphone app! I also have my HRM on my iphone through Digifit, so all my workouts are saved and the results presented in a series of colorful charts.

I love the combination of the above and thanks to Santa I have the Withings Scale added to my arsenal!!!!

Happy losing!!