question for ladies regarding bikini area cleavage

Options
I'm not sure if there's a technical term for that little pooch with extra fat around the bikini area so I'm calling it bikini cleavage. I have 30 lbs to lose and just wondering if that pooch will disappear as the fat comes off or if I should I be doing any exercises to help that specific area lose fat.

Replies

• Leilanimae
    Options
    It'll come off... slowly. But for exercise, I had never thought of that. haha Maybe some inner thigh workouts or lower tummy stuff.
  • angieinar
    angieinar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about! I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will disappear with proper diet and exercise - you can't spot reduce so as long as you're keeping with your program, it should go away.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.. The fat is going to come off wherever it feels like coming off :(
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you asking about your pubic mound? "Bikini area" is a pretty general term, but the pubic mound, or mons pubis, is the only thing I can think of that's a "little pooch of extra fat around the bikini area." The amount of fat you hold there is dependent on your overall body fat, however it's there for a reason (to protect your pelvic bone during smexy time) so it won't ever completely go away.
    ...What sort of exercises would you do to target that area? I can't help but giggle to even envision it. That said, I have noticed that my mons pubis is smaller than it was, so don't despair!
    Good luck!
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I always thought that came from age (gravity). I read that some older women are having surgery to have the excess snipped.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    With good diet and exercise...and in some cases it depends on the woman...
  • OutiR
    OutiR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Different kind of exercises for legs tone the area; when you get muscles there, the shape of that area changes to nicer one. At least so say some of my more actively training friends and i can see it on their legs too...
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.. The fat is going to come off wherever it feels like coming off :(

Okay so are the any ladies who happened to have extra cleavage around that area and it disappeared once the fat came off?
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are you asking about your pubic mound? "Bikini area" is a pretty general term, but the pubic mound, or mons pubis, is the only thing I can think of that's a "little pooch of extra fat around the bikini area." The amount of fat you hold there is dependent on your overall body fat, however it's there for a reason (to protect your pelvic bone during smexy time) so it won't ever completely go away.
    ...What sort of exercises would you do to target that area? I can't help but giggle to even envision it. That said, I have noticed that my mons pubis is smaller than it was, so don't despair!
    Good luck!

It sounds like it could be the the pubic mound. I never knew the tehnical term. Thanks!
  • no1belongs
    Options
    from what i gather of your topic i dont believe you are talking about the pubic mound i think you are talking the area that is just about it. and if you have kids is where you first start to grow from. if that is the area the lower abs and your calorie watching should help with that area. from my current and previous experience it definitely helps
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    She's talking about her lower gut guys. lol

The pooch of skin that for some of us, gets worse when you have kids.

To the OP, try some reverse crunches. It helped mine a little...although I'm still nowhere near the end of my game, I had twins that wreaked havoc.
  • kit548emt
    Options
    HAHA cute name! Mine is coming off slowly but surely with eating right exercising. I do a lot of crunches and reverse crunches and the more fat I lose the more toned that area will appear. And keeping my core tight througout the day and during workouts. Won't be able to see much of it until I lose more weight but at least I'm working on it now and when I lose the weight it will hopefully look better. It definitely looks better than it did.