Xbox 360 Gamers - need your opinion

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
I'm getting my brother a wireless headset for Christmas and have started researching them because I haven't a clue about such things. :D

From what I've seen so far the Turtle Beach - Ear Force PX5 Wireless headset seems to be highly rated (though rather pricey).

Anyone out there have any recommendations or suggestions based on experience? Thx!

Replies

• 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    That's a whole lotta money for a headset. I have a wired Turtle Beach set myself and it works great. I think I paid less than $60 for it a year or so ago. They have a really long chord, like 12' or something. Find out if he really needs wireless. He'd have to deal with batteries or charging.

With that said, Turtle Beach is the go-to name for xbox headsets.
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Hubby says the PX range are for playstation not xbox. Xbox versions have names that start with X. eg X31 X41 etc

Turtle beach are the best just double check console compatability when you buy. Hubby has wieless Tb and are brilliant.

martyxx
  • scapez
    Options
    Find out if he really needs wireless.

Wireless is what he wants. :-\
    With that said, Turtle Beach is the go-to name for xbox headsets.

This helps..thanks!
  • scapez
    Options
    Hubby says the PX range are for playstation not xbox.
    According to the product description, this headset is compatible with both PS3 & Xbox 360...

http://www.amazon.com/Programmable-Wireless-Surround-Bluetooth-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6N64Y

I'm glad I've gotten two votes for Turtle Beach. At least I know I'm looking in the right direction.
  • Terk1968
    Terk1968 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've got the Turtle Beach - Ear Force X31 Headset for Xbox 360 and love it! It's wireless and I love that too. It does chew through batteries fairly quickly but it's worth it to me.
  • Clark22K
    Clark22K Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got the Turtle Beach X31 wireless headset about a month ago and love it. I actually prefer to use them over my Bose surround sound system.The clarity of the sound is spot on - I've heard details in games that I've never noticed before. Like a true surround sound stereo, you have no problem identifying the direction where the sound is coming from with this headset. Highly recommend it.

They are expensive ($100) but like most electronics, you get what you pay for.

Another tip, by rechargeable batteries (AAA) as you can typically get just 8-10 hours of game play out of the batteries.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I got my boyfriend the Turtle Beach X41s for Christmas after being informed that he NEEDED them. They are kind of expensive, though.
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Get either the Turtle Beach X41s for $140 or the PX5s for $213. Amazon is the cheapest place to buy.

Both have 7.1 surround sound. The main difference is that the PX5s can be programmed to the user's specific preferences and they are blue tooth compatible, which means they work on the PS3 as well.

If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, than the X31s are a good option for $100, but they only have stereo sound, not 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound like the previous 2 sets that I mentioned.

I once owned the X31s, but the wireless "connection" had a bit of interference, so I sold them and bought the the DX 11 set. It's basically the same as the X41s, but wired. Trust me, the 7.1 Surround Sound is much better than the stereo sound of the X31s.

...then again, I'm an avid gamer, so sound might be just a bit too important to me here, lol.