Anyone snack while studying?

If so, what do you guys munch on? If not, how many hrs. between your meals? And also, what do you have during your meals that sustains focus?

Replies

• anrose
    anrose Posts: 11
    It is definitely finals season, haha. I like to cut up red bell peppers and snack on those if I need to continuously munch on something. But, in terms of a snack that helps me focus, between lunch and dinner , around 3 or 4, I will have some raw nuts. Trader joe's sells them in individual packets for serving size, so I will have one of those to keep me full until dinner. I find drinking water and tea also helps instead of snacking on something all day also.
  • i like red or concord grapes! They're a fruit, all natural, and healthy so even if you eat alot of them its still okay! Other than the obviously healthy snacks, I also like Pirate Booty, animal crackers, & whole wheat crackers w/ salsa :-) All healthy, low cal, and you can eat alot without sacrificing even more.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Cherry tomatoes! I don't study but I like to nibble while cooking dinner. I always keep a basked of cherry or grape tomatoes on the counter for snacking. They are sweet and don't require any "fixing".

To keep hunger at bay I have learned to eat a bigger breakfast than I might have before. If I'm hungry, I can't think about anything else! I make sure to eat plenty of fiber in whole grains but now am laying off the grains and switching to lots of veggies. What I've learned lately is that nutritionally dense food (fruits and veggies) will satisfy your urge to eat even though you don't get that many calories. I even take a head of romaine lettuce hearts and peel them off and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and it seems really filling. I think a whole head is only 100 calories.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    My favorite snack is frozen grapes!