newbe over 250

jesean
jesean Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am a new 260 pound 47 year old woman. If you have tips, please share.

Thank you Rebecca

Replies

• jesean
    jesean Posts: 2
    I am a new 260 pound 47 year old woman. If you have tips, please share.

Thank you Rebecca
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
    My advise is..step by step and day by day.
    Eat right and exercise. If you fall off the wagon...get up and jump back on.
    This is not a diet....it is a LIFESTYLE change and you can do it.
    Good luck on your new venture:flowerforyou:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Welcome aboard !!

The best tips i can give you is no matter what happens. STICK WITH IT. dont get discouraged,
    and if you do, just let us know when we will do our best to help you out.

do it steady and slowly and you will do it !!!

best of luck to you,
    may
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome Rebecca!!

As someone who started this new lifestyle back in September at 270 myself, I understand!! I know it seems really daunting right now. But, let me just tell you as I sit here at 202 (as of last Thursdays weigh-in), it is possible! Just take it a week at a time. Time flies and before you know it, the weeks of healthy weight-loss will add up!

Drink a lot of water!! Exercise as often as you can and journal your food. Try to keep a variety of things in your house to keep from getting bored. Just treat your body well and you will be rewarded.

Good luck!!!
    Tami
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I feel really blessed to have come across MFP when I did. This site and the people on here are the best thing that has happened to me to help me along this journey in my life. I think you will find it most rewarding as well.:flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Welcome, I also am happy I found this site. Everyday I log on and plan my meals, record my new exercise program and check the message boards. One day at a time. Just take it one day at a time.:happy: :happy:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    I started here dec 6th at 258 I am now down 25 lbs and feel like I started a lifestyle change not a diet. My only advice is that this is going to be a long process and don't give up. There will be days that you will be discouraged just get back on and keep going. Oh and there is a lot of support and good advice on here just put it to use. GOOD LUCK!!
This discussion has been closed.