There's cake in the teacher's lounge...

Options
I'm not really a cake fanatic, but I want some. Problem is, I've committed to no added sugar until the 22nd.
I want to throw it away. No one else here needs it either. AHHHHH!
Can I really throw away someone else's left over cake?

Replies

• sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the cake!! Its probably nasty. Yuck!!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Don't throw it away because it does belong to someone else but WALK away. Imagine that sugar creating cellulite on your thighs. lmao
  • CrownPrincessLara
    Options
    Gross - that weird science teacher sneezed all over it. Don't go near it!
  • teacherkatz
    teacherkatz Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself you keep kosher and the cake isn't kosher. Then you can't eat it. Or, tell yourself your allergic to some ingredient in the cake, like sugar, and that if you eat it, it will make you sick, then don't eat it. I play this game with myself frequently when I am temped to eat something I shouldn't.
    Sometimes I win and don't eat it.
    PS. I'm a teacher, (in case you couldn't tell from my name) and there is always cake in the teacher's lounge. I know how difficult this is.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Just reading the word Cake makes my teeth hurt. It causes cavities in addition to giving your computer a virus.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got an email that there were donuts in the other campus' lounge. I was thanking God that I don't work on that campus...until I saw the cake in ours. It's gonna get tougher with the holidays coming, too.
  • savlyon
    Options
    Gross - that weird science teacher sneezed all over it. Don't go near it!

haha! :)
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think I saw a hair in it.
  • jml107
    jml107 Posts: 27
    Options
    Don't be the jerk on the diet who throws away snack foods. Just don't eat it. Yeah, its hard but you aren't the food police. If everyone else wants to eat it, they can. You don't have the right to ruin it for them.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    accidentally knock it on the floor
  • Tialove1
    Options
    No dont throw it away. Just look at it and smell it and walk away lol
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Blasted PTA brought food today and there are homemade cookies all over the lounge. Walking away, but looking over my shoulder.
  • savlyon
    Options
    It's gone! I'm so happy! I didn't eat it. whew!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't hurt weight loss. If you want a slice of cake and can fit it into your calories, have a piece.

Irrational food avoidance is one of the reasons people feel miserable on diets and end up failing.
  • savlyon
    Options
    Sugar doesn't hurt weight loss. If you want a slice of cake and can fit it into your calories, have a piece.

Irrational food avoidance is one of the reasons people feel miserable on diets and end up failing.

Actually, I was totally plateaued for weeks and my brother told me to cut added sugar and in 10 days I am already seeing results. I'm not avoiding sugar forever, just right up until Christmas. I can eat whatever else I want within my calories.

Honestly...I just thought it would be a fun post to do because who doesn't face this frequently? If I ate a piece of cake every time it was in front of me I would be ummm, the fat kid...and I'm not.... :D