I/ve reached my goal

Options
OK I have reached my goal..So now What?? MFP tells me to up my calories,but I am afraid if I do that I will start gaing it back again. But on the other hand I do not want to loose any more weught. I just want to tighten the loose skin now. HELP

Replies

• Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    how awesome for you!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

you have achieved something very special for you and those you care about.. please continue to take good care of yourself and

:bigsmile: make good healthy choices..!
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Increase a little bit each week. If you gain reduce to what you were eating the week before.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Linda. I was reading another thread today that expressed the same concern. This person was told to up her calories and a lot of people chimed in with agreement. I will be interested in reading about your experiences from this point on with maintaining. Best wishes for continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I lost 62 lbs - went to 200 - goal reached!

And then I set new goals more oriented toward fat loss than mere pounds. I made it to size 36 pants from slightly over 44 - wow.

Now, my goal is 32 pants. After that? who knows...
    But I know the instant I cease striving toward a goal, the weight will come right back. Never peak out!

Good luck. and congratulations!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Increase a little bit each week. If you gain reduce to what you were eating the week before.

I agree with this.
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Have maintained my goal weight for a couple of months now, increased my cals to 'lose 0lbs per week' - seems to be OK.. Give it a try!
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!

I've been maintaining my loss for a year +. I upped my calories manually 100 calories a week until I hit the MFP number for my maintenance. It took me about a month and I lost another lbs so I upped my calories by another 50calories or so and that seemed to do the trick.

I still log, most days, and I add my exercise. I've always stepped on the scale a lot and that's no different now. I think it helps me feel accountable.

These are just the things that worked for me, you'll find things that work for you too. Good luck on the maintenance side of the journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!