any recovering ED and people trying to gain weight

Options
hi im lacey! i decided to take my first step in recovery this week after a loved one confronted me about my problem and it broke my heart. my nails were black/purple a few days ago which means my body had no nutrion at all.... i was killing me. i weigh 94Ibs. right now im trying to get to 105 im also 5'5. so add me :) ive decided to eat healthy and try to actually eat food right now im only eating about 1200 cals cause thats alot of food for my tummy that has shrunk from me not eating and when i did only having 400-600cals. ill slowly add more cals that i have to eat a day when my body feels ready and able.

im also going to work out so i can have lean muscles and lots of stretching! :) stretching is my favorite lol

Replies

• gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I think that's awesome that you're trying to recover. *offers e-hugs* :) Good luck to you, hon!
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is 105 right now and she needs to gain muscle and some weight. I will give her your screen name and have her message you. She still gets sick when she eats. She tries and it either comes back up or she can only take small bites and then stop. She is really working hard at it. We have found that some foods are easier for her to eat then others like soup and dips versus foods with grease. I hope you find a way to balance your diet out and take in what you need! It's very hard to eat right when you have any sort of eating disorder or are recovering from one. You are doing the right thing though. You are trying to help yourself and do it the right way. Since you can't eat a lot right now, the things you do manage to eat you need to make count so if you can, try to get protein like chicken or fish and some carbs like rice, wraps, or pasta, as well as some natural fats and sugars from fruits or from other types of meat.

Good luck with everything and I hope this works out for you!!!!
  • lucylu70
    Options
    Lacey, I'd like to add you as a friend. My friend (screen name chubbybunnee) told me about you. I am 5'3" & wegh 105 lbs. I'd be glad to give you support and help with nutrition. I have always had trouble keeping weight on and when I tried to quit smokiing about 15 years ago, I gained weight for the first time ever. I developed an eating problem too. I'm going to friend request you and hope you will accept my request.

I will give you all of the advice you ask for and none of the critism bc MFP is for support, not to tear each other down.

Lucy