Dinner Party Last Night - Results

Options
Well attended the Meat Loaf, Mashed Potato and Gravy and Cherry Pie dinner last night.

First off as someone suggested, eat before going so you will not be starved. Well at first I was attempting to save my calories but got too hungry so ate a protein bar at 3:00 (20 grams protein, 190 calories) and this really saved me because we did not eat until close to 8:00. No appetizers either.

I had two lite beers which I am regretting today :sad: but overall I did well. I probably only put 1/4 cup of potatoes on the plate, no gravy, more brussel sprouts and salad which I discovered had tasty but high calorie tidbits of cheese and avocado in it which I did not resist. I only put 1 T. dressing on from the bottle. The cherry pie I had only 3 bites from my sister's plate, that was just too good had to stop as it was homemade. When I finished the plate which I ate as slow as possible I was quite full. I may have been a little over for the day but not bad.

It is hard when one is just starting and has only lost two pounds. Next time I will eat better before going and avoid the beer.

And on it goes ...

Replies

• tallutta
    tallutta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well attended the Meat Loaf, Mashed Potato and Gravy and Cherry Pie dinner last night.

First off as someone suggested, eat before going so you will not be starved. Well at first I was attempting to save my calories but got too hungry so ate a protein bar at 3:00 (20 grams protein, 190 calories) and this really saved me because we did not eat until close to 8:00. No appetizers either.

I had two lite beers which I am regretting today :sad: but overall I did well. I probably only put 1/4 cup of potatoes on the plate, no gravy, more brussel sprouts and salad which I discovered had tasty but high calorie tidbits of cheese and avocado in it which I did not resist. I only put 1 T. dressing on from the bottle. The cherry pie I had only 3 bites from my sister's plate, that was just too good had to stop as it was homemade. When I finished the plate which I ate as slow as possible I was quite full. I may have been a little over for the day but not bad.

It is hard when one is just starting and has only lost two pounds. Next time I will eat better before going and avoid the beer.

And on it goes ...
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    It's a start! And one day out of many, many good days isn't going to ruin your progress. At least you were honest with yourself (and us), too! woohoo! :flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I think you did pretty well.

Avocado has fat in it that is good for you and cheese has protein in it, so both of things help to fill you up and keep you full longer, which is a good thing in the long run!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I think that's good!
    It's all about life.
    :drinker: