italian restaurant

Options
I'm going out to eat tomorrow at a small italian restaurant and I have no idea what would be healthy to eat there. Any suggestions?

Replies

• michaelaleighfle
    michaelaleighfle Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    salad :D
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    Options
    Yeah. And maybe a little off someone else's plate.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    As someone who works at an Italian restaurant, I second the "Salad" idea. Stay away from the bread on the table as well. Add some sort of protein (shrimp, fish, meat) but ask for it cooked "dry".
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Oh man, the Italian restaurant my mum has selected for her birthday dinner doesn't have vegetarian salads! So the healthiest vegetarian option there is pizza! o_o Either that or even more empty carbs and calories eating a calzone or pasta.... It's her day so she gets to pick the meal, and I have to eat real lightly all day so I don't go over my cals. There really is no healthy option where we are going tonight.
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Oh man, the Italian restaurant my mum has selected for her birthday dinner doesn't have vegetarian salads! So the healthiest vegetarian option there is pizza! o_o Either that or even more empty carbs and calories eating a calzone or pasta.... It's her day so she gets to pick the meal, and I have to eat real lightly all day so I don't go over my cals. There really is no healthy option where we are going tonight.

Just ask for them to leave the meat off the salad????....
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    See if they will let you order from the kids menu or have them bring a to go box with the meal.

Pasta with marinara and salad or veggie based soup.

Buon Appeatito!!
  • kjstavig
    kjstavig Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed this! For the future though..here's what I found: http://voices.yahoo.com/how-eat-healthy-italian-restaurant-334425.html.

It lists a lot of good stuff. There's the common answer (salad), but you can also get things like soup and chicken dishes without totally throwing your day away.