Hello everyone

Options
my name is candi, i am 35 years old and in West Virginia.

I joined this site probably close to a year ago but have just now really started using it . i am finding it very helpful in keeping track of foods i eat and i find that just having to keep track of what i eat has helped me eat less.

currently i weigh over 400 pounds , i've always been overweight and it has just been getting worse. I also have Pcos , which doesnt help.

Currently i'm trying to lose weight for my health and also so that my husband and i may have a child. Right now all i can do is enjoy my sisters children when she lets me LOL

My biggest pitfall i believe is the motivation to exercise, i love walking, and i dont mind treadmills and such, but i hate doing them alone , my husbands work schedule doesnt allow for him to exercise with me so mostly i'm just trying to get myself motivated to do it....I've been doing better this last week though and am determined to follow through and lose weight

Replies

• dacandicane
    dacandicane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    my name is candi, i am 35 years old and in West Virginia.

I joined this site probably close to a year ago but have just now really started using it . i am finding it very helpful in keeping track of foods i eat and i find that just having to keep track of what i eat has helped me eat less.

currently i weigh over 400 pounds , i've always been overweight and it has just been getting worse. I also have Pcos , which doesnt help.

Currently i'm trying to lose weight for my health and also so that my husband and i may have a child. Right now all i can do is enjoy my sisters children when she lets me LOL

My biggest pitfall i believe is the motivation to exercise, i love walking, and i dont mind treadmills and such, but i hate doing them alone , my husbands work schedule doesnt allow for him to exercise with me so mostly i'm just trying to get myself motivated to do it....I've been doing better this last week though and am determined to follow through and lose weight
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Get yourself an MP3 player and put some energy pumping music on it to keep you company while exercising or join a gym (if financially able). Good luck and stick with it because ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site ever MFP. I :heart: this site and think you will too. Everyone is so friendly and nice here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful and easy to use. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey and tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • imlolly352
    imlolly352 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Candi! You are on the right track, Sister! Remember... one step at a time will get you where you want to go. Slow and steady wins the race!

Today is my first day at myfitnesspal too so I wanted to say a special hello to you b/c we are joining on the same day!

Let's keep in touch and make our goals!
  • dacandicane
    dacandicane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you for the suggestions...i do have a mp3 player that i'll have to try out

and i do have a stairstepper, treadmill and aerobike in the basement, i could go down there and crank up the tunes, i definitely must try that

thanks lolly :) welcome to you too

hiya and thank you Laura :flowerforyou: