C25K

Options
I started this today. How do you log it? Count the walking minutes and the running minutes and input it that way? What did all you successful C25K completion people do?

Replies

• trc117
    trc117 Posts: 18
    Options
    Well fortunately I have a treadmill that counts the calories for me. But to get it more accurate on MFP i did just as you said, counted minutes walking and minutes jogging and input them separately. The count on MFP comes out really close to what the treadmill says. I figure you always have to give or take a few anyway.
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That's what I did too...log minutes walking and minutes running. If you go on a treadmill and enter your weight, you could also add the amount of calories it says you burn instead. If you want to be totally specific, then you'll have to get a heart rate monitor. While the heart rate monitor would be nice, I don't think it should make too drastic of a difference. Logging it on MFP has been working for me as far as losing weight goes.

What works for C25K: Don't be afraid to repeat a week and don't give up! To be completely honest, I started it in July. I was really serious until about halfway through September. Since then I've slowly been building up (and taking weeks off...oops). I can run 2.25miles now, but I'm still trying to hit the 5K. Truly--don't give up! If you get frustrated with your progress, remind yourself how hard it was to run for a minute the first week. That always does it for me. Even slow progress is progress :)

Also, if you haven't already, I would go to a running store and invest in a good pair of running shoes and socks as soon as your budget will allow. The associates at the store should look at the tread on your current shoes and even watch you run a short distance to get an idea about what running shoes would be best for you. I'm not even overpronator or supinator (I'm not sure if the names are right, but it has to do with how your feet turn when you run/walk and tends to cause knee problems for people), but I think my running shoes are one of the best investments I made!

Feel free to add me if you want another running friend!