Ramping up for Ironman Coeur d'Alene

Options
So...I did it!! Finisher at the California International Marathon on Sunday! Woo hoo! I was not super thrilled with my 5:44 time, but it was better than the alternative of sitting on the couch as soon as summer ended, which is my usual MO. Proud of me. I have 30 days to my Ironman training start, so I'm thinking of dropping my calories to 1200 and do a little p90x training this month, see if I can drop a few more pounds. Anyone else out there doing p90x? ...or Ironman training for 2012?

Replies

• LaurenH2010
    Options
    I am not doing either, but use to live in Coeur d'Alene. Have you ever done the Ironman there? It is amazing to watch, and I hope one day to be in good enough shape to do it myself.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I moved to CA from Post Falls, ID a year ago. I did IMCDA in 2010, but finished after the 12:00 cutoff. Back for a rematch this summer. I miss CDA...for the 7 weeks of summer, not really the rest of the year, lol.:smile:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the marathon! Good luck with the ironman!

Coeur D'Alene & the northern Idaho area is absolutely beautiful!
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    I moved to CA from Post Falls, ID a year ago. I did IMCDA in 2010, but finished after the 12:00 cutoff. Back for a rematch this summer. I miss CDA...for the 7 weeks of summer, not really the rest of the year, lol.:smile:

Lol yeah that is one major reason I moved away too. It is absolutely beautiful for that short window and the rest of the year is well...winter. Good luck with everything, and have fun :bigsmile:
  • ddoohaluk
    ddoohaluk Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the marathon!! I am doing p90X and am starting Phase 3 this week. I am in IM retirement (did IMWI in 2009 and 2010) but still do triathlons. This year's focus is getting fast for offroad triathlons.

My recommendation is to make sure the next month is fun and unstructured. IM training is a second job (and sometime feels like your primary job) so you should start your training "hungry" and wanting to train.
  • obrats
    obrats Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just getting back to this website and was wondering if anyone else was training for IM's. How is your training going? I am registered to do the IMNYC (inaugural) in August (should be nice and hot).

Dan