Caffine/energy drinks???

Options
Ok i admitt it...im a caffineaholic...i like really strong coffee in the morning in a cup that is equivalent to 3 cups of coffee (not with much creamer) I also drink sugar free red bulls and rock stars and even love straight espresso shots. I drink energy stuff through out the day every day! I should just clock in at starbucks since im there so often. I have 3 lil boys 5 4 and 2 and 6 dogs and a hubby and a house to take care of so i can always use the extra energy..butttttttttt my body has become so use to this stuff that it dosent effect me much anymore although i drink it all anyways in hopes:sad: i heard that all this caffine slows down weight loss and just isnt good for you im guessing that that is very true:sad: does anyone know if it does harm weight loss???

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    Ok i admitt it...im a caffineaholic...i like really strong coffee in the morning in a cup that is equivalent to 3 cups of coffee (not with much creamer) I also drink sugar free red bulls and rock stars and even love straight espresso shots. I drink energy stuff through out the day every day! I should just clock in at starbucks since im there so often. I have 3 lil boys 5 4 and 2 and 6 dogs and a hubby and a house to take care of so i can always use the extra energy..butttttttttt my body has become so use to this stuff that it dosent effect me much anymore although i drink it all anyways in hopes:sad: i heard that all this caffine slows down weight loss and just isnt good for you im guessing that that is very true:sad: does anyone know if it does harm weight loss???
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it'll hinder your weight loss, but that much of something your body doesn't need naturally has to have some affect. I used to do the redbulls and rockstars daily and decided to quit putting that stuff into my body (I don't drink coffee or sodas) and that was a killer! I had the BIGGEST headache for about a week. I felt horrible, weak and tired. After about 2 weeks of being clean :laugh: I was better. I started clean eating and about 2 week after doing that my body has never felt better. I used to HAVE to take a nap mid afternoon or I couldn't function, now I don't even feel drowsy. I'm up early and usually go to sleep around 11pm. Getting off the energy drinks and changing my diet really helped. I would try to wean yourself off the drinks slowly, but I think you'll still go through "withdrawl" symptoms. Just keep it up though, it's SO worth it! :wink:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    eeeeeek! quit the energy drinks:noway: are you serious:noway: :noway: ya i know im goin to have to eventually! do you know of any foods that help with the energy?
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I gave up cafine and most carbonated drinks 2 weeks ago. I did cut down before my final day. For me it worked great. I actully ended up quitting 2 weeks early. No headache nothing. I was a little sluggish for 1-2 days but now feel better than ever. I will still get a diet orange or rootbeer soda once in a while more for the carbonation and flavor but I will not be the cafine addicted person I was before. Good lick in making a hard decision on cutting it out. I have more energy eating healthier and drinking water than I did with all the monster drinks and mtn dew.
  • csingleton24
    Options
    oatmeal, lentils, lots of water, bananas, and chocolate (in moderation) are some that I know of. Don't skip meals and eat your good snacks (not 100 calorie hostess cakes!).

I came across this article, check it out. It might help.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/fight-fatigue-energy-foods-6/power-up

I like to cut my bananas into bite size pieces, dip in chocolate, add some crushed nuts (peanuts, mac. nuts, etc) and freeze. They make for tasty bite size treats, especially during summer!

You probably won't notice a difference until about the 2nd week, but believe me you'll love how you feel. I can't believe I used to live for my Low Carb Rockstars! Good luck!
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    oatmeal, lentils, lots of water, bananas, and chocolate (in moderation) are some that I know of. Don't skip meals and eat your good snacks (not 100 calorie hostess cakes!).

I like to cut my bananas into bite size pieces, dip in chocolate, add some crushed nuts (peanuts, mac. nuts, etc) and freeze. They make for tasty bite size treats, especially during summer!

You probably won't notice a difference until about the 2nd week, but believe me you'll love how you feel. I can't believe I used to live for my Low Carb Rockstars! Good luck!

this is probably posted somewhere but why not the 100 calorie things? Im only 3 weeks into this and i dont no much but i thought i hit the jackpot when i found the 100 calorie cupcakes:sad: hmmm somethings are to good to be true i guess:sad: so is all the lil 100 calorie sweet packaged snacks bad?
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    actually the BF and i started up our diets again today and that was the first thing we gave up was energy drinks. we typically go through a case in a week between us. and that will help us SO much in the long run not only in our pockets, but in our butts too!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Those drinks are considered a "legal drug" in the medical society-stay away, they're BAD for you...
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    Those drinks are considered a "legal drug" in the medical society-stay away, they're BAD for you...

hahaha wow serious stuff huh...maybe i should quit now before i start shooting it up:laugh: bummer i cant even imagine a day without my caffine:sad:
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    When I cut out energy drinks and went cold turkey, I think I had a migrane for a week! Now I'm all good! They are not good for you.

151375.png
  • hmo4
    Options
    Withdrawl-not fun..I'm going threw it with sugar. It's been about 22 hours without a cupcake.:devil:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    Withdrawl-not fun..I'm going threw it with sugar. It's been about 22 hours without a cupcake.:devil:

wow you are a brave women!:noway: shoot maybe monday ill quit:sad:
  • hmo4
    Options
    They're calling me....
  • csingleton24
    Options

this is probably posted somewhere but why not the 100 calorie things? Im only 3 weeks into this and i dont no much but i thought i hit the jackpot when i found the 100 calorie cupcakes:sad: hmmm somethings are to good to be true i guess:sad: so is all the lil 100 calorie sweet packaged snacks bad?

I personally don't eat them because I choose not to anything prepackaged (every now and then I'll have something small). There is just too much sodium and sugars in prepackaged foods (there's 10g of sugar in the Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes). I usually just have fresh fruit for my "natural" sugar. This is just a personal preference though. The key thing is just remember everything in moderation! I'm sure you'll do fine with the cupcakes.