New to MFP: Looking for new friends

Options
Hi everyone!

I recently downloaded this app on my phone and love it! I've been eating really healthy and have been exercising regularly again. I gained some weight over the past year after injuring my knee running (torn meniscus), and just going through some different things that caused some depression. BUT I'm feeling much better now and plan to get to my current weight goal! :)

I could use some more friends on here, I'd like to help motivate you and I could use the encouragment as well! :-P

Replies

• kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to My Fitness Pal.

Your in the right place to help achieve your goals and make some great friends along the way.

Enjoy the site and good luck.
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I WOULD LOVE TO BE A PART OF UR SUPPORT TEAM. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME.
  • 01ddm
    01ddm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a long way to go and only just starting to move forward - slowly. Your welcome to be friends? D
  • NUMBERYELLO
    Options
    I am new to MFP and really like the site.I find it so easy to control what I put into my mouth.Most days I am under the calorie intake for the day.I get a lot of helpful hints from others posts.Thanks.
    I would like to know one thing tho -- when cooking meats ( chicken ,fish etc) am I supposed to weigh it before or after cooking.I cooked grilled chicken and weighed it raw and it was 3 oz. and I weighed it cooked and it was 2 1/4 oz.? Look forward to hearing the answer and making some new friends.
  • Good morning and welcome to MFP! This is a great site, with lots of tools for weight loss and healthy living. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Staffyman
    Staffyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm always looking for new friends.

This is a great site and the app is incredibly useful. I doubt I'd have gotten as far as I have without and without the support of the people on this site!
  • Mikeybster
    Mikeybster Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add at will :)
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like
    welcome
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Friend request incoming. :smile:
  • Ashley5704
    Ashley5704 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! ::) It's amazing here and full of support! Feel free to add me!!
  • mjvanommeren
    mjvanommeren Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I understand your struggle. I injured my shoulder in Oct 2010 and finally had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep in August 2011. I struggled with depression from not being able to keep the weight off (and other things) and that made my weight gain worse.

In October, I was finally released to do basic exercise (stationary bike, eliptical trainer) and started to make progress. I've made consistent progress for the past 2 months and really focused on achieving my fitness goals.

Glad you're on board! Injuries can make the journey a little longer, but it's worth the trip. :-)
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) I just sent you a request!
  • tarajenee
    tarajenee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm brand new to this! Started my diet and exercise yesterday. Just had my 1st baby in October! Goin for a loss of 50!! Wish me luck! Need friends and support please add me!
  • mphilio
    Options
    feel free to add me "mphilio"
  • tinamarie197437
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day
  • sassy1750lady
    Options
    Huh, I'm thinking I'd weigh it before cooking too. Not sure if there is a "correct" answer here.... :)
  • kmk1214
    Options
    I started a few weeks ago and have already lost 8 pounds. My doctor sent me to a nutritionist as I am a borderline diabetic. I started counting carbs and she asked that I use this site to record what I eat. I've always been up and down with my weight. I'm hoping this will be a two fold win.
  • screwtop_gangsta
    Options
    why do people say "feel free to add me"?
    Don't they know there is a limit to the people she can request in certain time? Much easier for you to add her (1) than for her to add you (lots!). Jeez :flowerforyou: