just getting motivated

Options
hi I have been trying to get motivated to lose weight since the New Year; but have not been successful. I am hoping joining this site helps. I also just brought a treadmill. I am very excited.

Replies

• kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the first step. I agree that the treadmill is a good start. You just have to make sure you use it regularly. I do a combination of working with the exercise ball, kickboxing video, stationary bike & treadmill. I get bored easy, so the variety helps me. I have also found that by posting my routines on a calendar that is visible helps me out. My husband even has begun to comment. I put happy faces on the days I have exercised well & sad faces on the days I skipped exercising. It motivates me because I feel better when I see more happy faces. It may sound crazy, but it has been working for me.

Also, don't get discouraged if the weight isn't coming off as fast as you would like. I lost 8 pounds the first month, but haven't lost any pounds in the past month & a half. The positive side is that my % body fat is continuing to go down & I have lost inches. I have begun taking out clothes that I haven't fit into for over 6 years and am finding that they fit comfortably. That means more to me than the numbers on the scale.

One last piece of advice. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I pretty much gave up any sort of carbonated soft drinks. If I am feeling hungry, I try to drink a large glass of water and wait 5 minutes. By that time, my feelings of hunger usually go away.

Again, keep a positive attitude and try to make this a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Have a great day!
    Kathy
  • nteague
    nteague Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks alot for the advice and encouragement
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me. We got this.