My (small) NSV

Options
About 9 months ago we had our house extension started. This meant everything had to be cleared out of our bed room - all our clothes etc. So when the extension was completed i had a new walk in wardrobe to fill up with clothes. I decided that i would not put anything in the new wardrobe that didnt fit or i would never wear.

I had a pile of things to throw away and a pile of things that were way too small but i didnt want to get rid of.

In my job i have to wear smart clothes to work. I usually wear black / grey smart trousers. They are very unforgiving and tend to have no streach; in my too small bag were a selection of work trousers.

I realised at the begining of this week that all the trousers i currently wear are getting too big (this became evident when i needed a belt to hold my trousers of choice up) i dont own a belt and had to borrow one of my husband and then wear a long top!

I thought i would have a little look in the too small bag (in a quiet moment - when no one was around) as i was sure they wouldnt fit yet but thought it may give me an incentive.

I pulled the first (biggest of my small selection) pair out and tried them on - not only did they fit easily - they were a bit big.

So all on my own, in only a pair of grey slacks i did a little victory dance!

Today, at work, i have a pair of Next size 18 (UK) trousers on (i used to wear 22 - 24) and i feel good :smile:

I have a new pile on my bedroom floor of trousers to get put away that are too big - it feels good

Replies

• tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's a FANTASTIC NSV - Well done x
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV!! Good for you, love that feeling - and the happy dance!!! hehe :smile:
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have a new pile on my bedroom floor of trousers to get put away that are too big - it feels good

Don't PUT them away.............THROW them away.........you ain't gonna need them no more!

Great NSV!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Don't PUT them away.............THROW them away.........you ain't gonna need them no more!

Great NSV!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x

Not that brave yet - maybe soon :flowerforyou:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Great job & Sue is right ~ however, if you're not quite ready - ask yourself why? This is the time to decide - are you making a lifetime commitment to yourself this time or is this just another ride on the weight loss roller coaster? I have been in your shoes regarding letting go - but if we keep those things we are leaving that door open to go back to that size. I don't ever want that for myself ...

Anyway, best wishes to you for continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Great job!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thats a great NSV it must have felt great realising they were not too small :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not small at all! Congrats on your success!
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    Thank you - its lovely to share these things with like minded 'friends' (not all my other 'friends' necessarily understand the joy this brought me) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing. Definitely something to be proud of! keep it up :)
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Your victory brought a smile to my face and the 'warm and fuzzy' feeling. You're so special and doing a fantastic job :flowerforyou:
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh, I get it "small" as in your smaller. I love your NSV!! that's wonderful. and now you can fill in your new wardrobe with new clothes. *happy dance* :flowerforyou:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awesome! congrats!
  • dianeellen2
    Options
    Oh, I get it "small" as in your smaller. I love your NSV!! that's wonderful. and now you can fill in your new wardrobe with new clothes. *happy dance* :flowerforyou:

I am glad you got it - i thought i was being too sneaky with my word play :heart:
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    omgg! that's not a SMALL nsv, that's a HUGE nsv! good for you, my friend!

hahah just saw the "small" wordplay threads, lol!
  • Caylee320
    Caylee320 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fabulous NSV! Rock that "small" happy dance, you earned it.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Like said above Hon! Thats great! And my question for you, why aren't you tossing those too-big pants?! Do you plan on using them again? Toss them out like you've tossed that weight Sweetie! Thats a huge step and it symbolizes you making this huge step in your life and health! Congrats
  • RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!!!!
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!