I feel like Crap so I'm going to vent sorry.

Options
Tomorrow I have a awards night for completing a course at Community College. I am in year 11 (redoing it anyway). Well I live with my mother still, having no job, and still going to school has hindered moving out, anyway, she went to pick us up last night to go get a dress and the car wouldn't start, my little brother got beaten up, he's fine, I tried on my goal dress it didn't fit. I cried. So I went to salvo's this afternoon and found the perfect dress and shoes.

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Did your little brother get beaten up while on this trip? I'm confused by your post. 'Cause it kinda sounds like you're about to receive an award and found the perfect dress and shoes after going on one other shopping trip. Maybe your little bro should write the vent? :wink: Good luck, hang in there. I had to do the mom-thing to graduate from university.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    sometimes life is **** and you have to just vent. it is one of the great things about mfp. have a great time at the awards night, and get into that goal dress soon! good luck
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Blah! Sounds like a stressful day, even if you did get a new dress. Enjoy your night and don't worry, you will end up in your goal dress sooner than you think. Hope all is well with your fam, don't let the bad days bring you down. :smile:
  • anniewinter
    Options
    My little brother was beaten up after college yesterday, mum felt really bad abut it to because the only reason that it happened was because the car wouldn't start so we had to catch the bus home instead. My mum was meant to pick me and my brothers up yesterday to go take us clothes shopping because none of my formal clothes fit any more, turns out that Karma was against us for the last couple of days, it had been so stressful that not being able to fit into any of the dresses that we had here just sent me into tears, mum kinda half got it. Sorry for the post not making sense. I honestly didn't think that anyone would read it.
  • anniewinter
    Options
    But thankyou all for your kind words
  • CAndrawis
    CAndrawis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about not having a job this economy isn't at it best right now .
    Going by that you said community college year 11 sounds to me you are young (and English?) since grade 11 is technically to me still high school but it sounds like you are doing okay in school which is important. Eventually you will fit into That dress maybe for something even more important and sounds like you got a mother that loves you so maybe karma wasn't your friend today but it will be some other time when you need it. It's funny that way anyway I'm sure you look lovely in your new dress and shoes!
  • babykanguruh
    Options
    You made it through the ringer and came out on the other side intact, so yea! It sounds like it's been a rough couple of days. I'm glad you and your brother are okay. Remember, this too shall pass. You will eventually get to move out on your own; life will happen. I know it's super stressful right now, but one day you'll look back and hopefully see this for a time of self discovery. Good luck <3
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    glad you found the dress and shoes! congratulations on the award!
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    the four year old girl sitting at the next table over at panera just informed her parents that she is relinquishing her dreams of being a paleontologist because she wants to be a professional cheerleader.
  • anniewinter
    Options
    Year 11 equivalent can be done any point up until 25. but yes I am young for my age. I have a baby face