Not able to lose weight any further

Options
I lost 8 KGs by cardio and weight training to reach to 70 KGs. Then I started gaining muscles by lifting heavy weights and I gained muscle weight and body fat as well, I could never hide my tummy though. I decided to focus on diet thru a diet counselor for 3 months and left exercising. I got nothing.

Once again, I am back to 70 KGs, doing Cardio, Weight Lifting and Dieting but I am still able to maintain my weight. Any further weight lose has been very difficult and frustrating.

I joined MFP today and thought I have been cutting calories already by expending around 2000 per week calories by exercising and controlling intake by recommended value. I do take 48g of protein shake and mythiledrene 25 as fat burner but still no luck? What's wrong, any pointers please?

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    What is your body fat %?
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lb loss / Week = ((Calories In - Calories Out)/3500)*7

Weight gain by lifting is slower than weight gain by overeating. It's easier to store fat than build muscle.

If your results are not as expected, it's likely due to mismeasurement. Use the MFP calorie counter religiously and get a quality heart rate monitor to accurately calculate your caloric output.

Don't give yourself a daily deficit of more than 500-750 calories per day for long-term sustainable weight-loss.
  • arohera
    Options
    I am 5.6 my body % fat was 20% 3 weeks back. I am working out more than moderately 5 days a week with 30 mins cardio (Brink walk/spinning/cross trainer at a heart rate of 135-140 bpm average.
  • arohera
    Options
    Lb loss / Week = ((Calories In - Calories Out)/3500)*7

Weight gain by lifting is slower than weight gain by overeating. It's easier to store fat than build muscle.

If your results are not as expected, it's likely due to mismeasurement. Use the MFP calorie counter religiously and get a quality heart rate monitor to accurately calculate your caloric output.

Don't give yourself a daily deficit of more than 500-750 calories per day for long-term sustainable weight-loss.

Thanks, Yes, I have been doing so now and lost 1 KG in 5 days. :)
  • forest0spirit555
    forest0spirit555 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well I expect with both watching your food intake and excercising you will lose weight, but as I understand it what tends to happen when doing strength training (lifting weights and toning) you end up slightly gaining weight because muscle weighs quite a bit more than fat. Maybe to get a more accurate idea of what is going on you could talk to a physical trainer or ask your physician. Good luck on reaching your goals!