new and looking for some support

Options
Hey there! I joined MFP yesterday. I am going through a hard time in my life right now and feel that I really need to take control. I've been struggling with up and down weight for years and I've reached the breaking point. I am looking for some support to help me reach my goals. I'd like to drop at least 15 lbs but ideally my weight loss would be more like 25-30 lbs.
I have a tendency to take off like a rocket and then within 3 weeks I fizzle out. I want to make this work and would be so pleased to have a motivator.

Replies

• davidpm
    davidpm Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just sent you an invite. Feel free to lean on me for support if you have any questions or are just having a rough time.

You're going to do it this time!
  • reportergirl123
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I just GAINED 10 pounds over the past few months, even though I have been tracking and working out... my eating is out of control and I cheat all the time. I am going to try this the right way again--- in the spring I lost 19 pounds on this! My stats are I need to lose 17 now. I feel like it will be an uphill battle but I can do it. I need friends on this!!
  • jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I look forward to taking this journey along with you all! I hope your day has limited temptations! :wink:
  • RealChange31
    RealChange31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on making this decision in your life. I am the same way ("off like a rocket"), and hoping to start fresh today (no binge eating, etc.). :smile: Feel free to contact me as well!